• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lawn mowing, Part 2

You've done a good thing, YK, and I commend you for stepping up to help and being wise enough to walk away from hostility.

My buddy in Washington has a neighbor like that. Every little thing that is meaningless to normal people is like Pearl Harbor to this clown. What do people gain by being that angry all the time? Without a doubt there are p,entry of issues with this guy beyond the abomination of 5 or 6 blades of grass on his driveway.

Have you had any run-ins with him prior to grass-gate?

You've done a good thing, YK, and I commend you for stepping up to help and being wise enough to walk away from hostility.

My buddy in Washington has a neighbor like that. Every little thing that is meaningless to normal people is like Pearl Harbor to this clown. What do people gain by being that angry all the time? Without a doubt there are p,entry of issues with this guy beyond the abomination of 5 or 6 blades of grass on his driveway.

Have you had any run-ins with him prior to grass-gate?

What do you gain?

Why an Angelswin.com membership and free reign at vent threads, the political forum, and sick lineups.

Can I have the address? I would like to swing by every once in awhile and say hi to the crazy neighbor. See if he would like to buy a set of Encyclopedias. Maybe see if he would like to join my religious cult. Then possibly see if he would like to help me out by buying some magazine subscriptions. Then see if he would like to take the Sunday paper. I could also see if he would like the Sunday Ticket for no extra charge (I might need GG's help, the dude not the chick, on this one) for signing up with Directv. Just something new and different every Sunday morning around 7am. I will go dressed as myself every time, just asking him for something new each time. Oh and when I leave, I will sprinkle a few grass clippings on his driveway as I walk away.

You know what they say about doing a good deed.  It causes more headaches than it's worth.

My next door neighbor went to California to get chemotherapy treatments for her cancer. She was to be gone for two weeks. Not wanting her to get in trouble with the HOA, I mowed her lawn to keep her from getting a citation. I was not asked to do this, just tried to be helpful. Her comment when she came back: "I don't like the way that your mower cut my grass."

She never had to worry about being helped again.

My next door neighbor went to California to get chemotherapy treatments for her cancer. She was to be gone for two weeks. Not wanting her to get in trouble with the HOA, I mowed her lawn to keep her from getting a citation. I was not asked to do this, just tried to be helpful. Her comment when she came back: "I don't like the way that your mower cut my grass."

She never had to worry about being helped again.

When we take CPR and life saving class at school we're always reminded that the Good Samaritan law was passed to protect those who save the lives of others. It's stunning to me that someone would sue over an injury by those attempting to help when the alternative was to let them die.

Can I have the address? I would like to swing by every once in awhile and say hi to the crazy neighbor. See if he would like to buy a set of Encyclopedias. Maybe see if he would like to join my religious cult. Then possibly see if he would like to help me out by buying some magazine subscriptions. Then see if he would like to take the Sunday paper. I could also see if he would like the Sunday Ticket for no extra charge (I might need GG's help, the dude not the chick, on this one) for signing up with Directv. Just something new and different every Sunday morning around 7am. I will go dressed as myself every time, just asking him for something new each time. Oh and when I leave, I will sprinkle a few grass clippings on his driveway as I walk away.

I have something to do with directv?

That sucks YK... But, no good-deed goes un-punished apparently.  This neighbor sounds rather un-balanced if he flips-out into a rage over grass-clippings.  If he's actually a Cop, That really sets-off alarm-bells (just think how he reacts to actual crisis' at his job?!).

I would suggest setting-up a video camera to record any interaction the next time you go over to mow the lawn.  The video would over-power his "credibility" if he goes Wack-Nut on you again.

I have neighbors that continue to park both of their cars in front of my house, instead of directly across the street from their own house.  They do this to avoid the sweeper-cites, and getting tree-leaves on their precious cars leaving me to have to park under the trees away from my own house.  They are the neighborhood shut-ins and avoid contact, so I left a rational note asking to leave at least one spot for my family and friends.  It didn't work, so now I schedule my mowing around their double-parking schedule.  Sorry bout the collateral grass-clippings and dust... 

That sucks YK... But, no good-deed goes un-punished apparently.  This neighbor sounds rather un-balanced if he flips-out into a rage over grass-clippings.  If he's actually a Cop, That really sets-off alarm-bells (just think how he reacts to actual crisis' at his job?!).

I would suggest setting-up a video camera to record any interaction the next time you go over to mow the lawn.  The video would over-power his "credibility" if he goes Wack-Nut on you again.

I have neighbors that continue to park both of their cars in front of my house, instead of directly across the street from their own house.  They do this to avoid the sweeper-cites, and getting tree-leaves on their precious cars leaving me to have to park under the trees away from my own house.  They are the neighborhood shut-ins and avoid contact, so I left a rational note asking to leave at least one spot for my family and friends.  It didn't work, so now I schedule my mowing around their double-parking schedule.  Sorry bout the collateral grass-clippings and dust... 

Have you tried smashing glass soda bottles around her car? 

yeah, I have a neighbor that constantly parks their car in front of other people's houses, but never theirs.  I finally figured out why.  They water their lawn twice a day (yes twice a day), so they don't want to get their car wet.  

I decided to water mine once every time someone parks in front of my house.

yeah, I have a neighbor that constantly parks their car in front of other people's houses, but never theirs.  I finally figured out why.  They water their lawn twice a day (yes twice a day), so they don't want to get their car wet.  

I decided to water mine once every time someone parks in front of my house.

I have done this. When this happened to me before, I angled one of my sprinklers to spray their car. After a few times getting wet, they moved.

I love this thread.  Most everyone can identify with every post in it.  I am having Piglette flashbacks.  I looked outside this morning to see if it rained over night.  I noticed that the Piglette parked in front of my neighbor's house just past my property line.  Have no idea why he-she doesn't park in front of its house.  Either stupidity or a case of anti-DR hate parking.  That's it...I'm coining that term:  "hate parking."

YK:  Good for you for putting up with the grass blade douche for so long in order to help the oldster.  Your work is done.

I love this thread.  Most everyone can identify with every post in it.  I am having Piglette flashbacks.  I looked outside this morning to see if it rained over night.  I noticed that the Piglette parked in front of my neighbor's house just past my property line.  Have no idea why he-she doesn't park in front of its house.  Either stupidity or a case of anti-DR hate parking.  That's it...I'm coining that term:  "hate parking."

YK:  Good for you for putting up with the grass blade douche for so long in order to help the oldster.  Your work is done.

Copyright, and sell to Frank McCourt.