• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lawn mowing, Part 2

Okay, many of you know the story of the guy from our church for whom I cut his lawn.. he's got ambulatory problems.

Neighbor had a problem with the fact that some of the lawn clippings (with a bag, mind you) got onto his driveway - he rudely requested that I stop in the middle of cutting a couple years ago to sweep his precious driveway.  Pretty rude.  I did.

Okay, there was a detente until this past weekend. I cut the lawn, then sweep dude's driveway.  That's how its gone for a couple years.

I finished this past time, was leaving to go home, and neighbor starts walking towards me as I am walking towards my car.  I have my headphones on, can't hear him.  Take off my headphones, and he says, "you are going to go back and re-sweep my driveway".  I think he said, "get my ass over there" to sweep it.

I just look at him and say, "get lost".

He says "do you know I can call the cops on you?... that I am a cop?" (cue Adam's part about all cops being dicks).  I said I could not care less.  He said something about the grass on his driveway being 'vandalism'.  I said go right ahead.

He comes over to my car, and you can tell, its "Game On" with this dude.  He is fired up.  I am ignoring him, and open my car to leave.  He 'hip checks' my car door closed.  We stand there in a mexican standoff.

He says, 'tell you what.  I am going to go call a black and white."  I said go right ahead.  He said don't leave, I have your license plate number.

He goes to make call, and I left.  No black and white visited my house.

If he prevented you from leaving it is considered being held against your will and you can press charges for that.  Guy sounds like an epic asshole.

Yeah, I get it.  But I am at a stage in my adult life that it just sounds stupid to get involved with something like that.

I talked to the guy who I cut for, I told him I am done.  Life's too short to deal w *his* crazy neighbor.  He can hire someone to come over once a month and use a blower.

Yeah, I get it.  But I am at a stage in my adult life that it just sounds stupid to get involved with something like that.

I talked to the guy who I cut for, I told him I am done.  Life's too short to deal w *his* crazy neighbor.  He can hire someone to come over once a month and use a blower.

I agree. You are an adult, and that demands a mature response

flamingbagofpoop.jpg

Yeah I am not saying you should.  Holding someone against their will is far worse than his charge of vandalism... I doubt it really is vandalism anyway.

Without making a stereotype... does he happen to be Armenian?

Yeah I am not saying you should.  Holding someone against their will is far worse than his charge of vandalism... I doubt it really is vandalism anyway.

Without making a stereotype... does he happen to be Armenian?

Yeah, that would have been an awesome charge of vandalism.  A guy volunteers to cut an invalid church member's lawn using a bag... sweeps up the neighbor's driveway for a good five minutes... and gets charged with vandalism for a few stray grass blades.

The dude isn't armenian, I won't say what persuasion he is, I don't think it is relevant to discussion.

I find it hard to believe there are people like this but they are all over. yk, this guy sounds like a loose cannon and probably watched you out his window the whole time with an arsenal lined up along his wall.  Shame for your friend who needs help, I doubt this guy will go cut his lawn. 

I find it hard to believe there are people like this but they are all over. yk, this guy sounds like a loose cannon and probably watched you out his window the whole time with an arsenal lined up along his wall.  Shame for your friend who needs help, I doubt this guy will go cut his lawn. 

No, but I bet he will complain when the guys lawn doesn't get cut.

So do you tell the church why you quit or warn them for the next person that volunteers?

It wasn't really church affiliated.  I met him through church softball, my wife was driving him to doctors appointments, and his lawn looked like heck.  I just kind of jumped in.

The guy is super nice, and I felt bad telling him i was bailing.  But I don't need to get involved in some psycho neighbor's wet dream.

So do you tell the church why you quit or warn them for the next person that volunteers?

If I were YK, I would.  Just because if something does go down, then a pastor is someone a jury would find very credible.  Especially if it happens to the next person, and the guy does it again.

I commend you for not losing your cool.  Sounds like the stereotypical neighbor who has way too much time on their hands and makes mountains out of mole hills. 

Like i said, it was 'game on' with this dude.  I finished sweeping, then did a couple other things, so he had a good five minutes I am sure to get his blood to a boiling point after reviewing my sweeping from his window or something.

If I were YK, I would.  Just because if something does go down, then a pastor is someone a jury would find very credible.  Especially if it happens to the next person, and the guy does it again.

It wasn't a church function, the church wasn't involved or asking for volunteers, I just knew the guy from my church, and he couldn't cut his lawn.