• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia

Bruce - earlier in the season, in reference to possibly replacing Butcher, didn't you say we needed to cut off the snake's head?  As in, fire Scioscia?

I guess winning cures everything.

He was referring to metaphorically Angelduck's internet access.

LOL at this thread. We won 10 out of 12 no less than five weeks ago, did you guys forget? We then went on to get swept in 4 games by the Astros and lost the next 9 of our 11 games. Let's cool it with the validation and ''I told you so'' threads until we're over .500 and within 2 games of the wild card.

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure this team has turned the corner, but we've seen this before. Until they can play like this for an entire month we should wait to start asking for people to eat crow.

As unpredictable as ST games' results of course are, it did seem to maybe point to a team that didn't get the necessary level of prep as the season approached. 

Injuries were only part of the story. 

Now they do seem to be righting the ship, but it may end up just like 2006, just missing out on the post-season because of a bad first half.  They are just 5 1/2 games in back of the 2nd WC, but there are several teams in front of them also battling for that spot.

Bruce - earlier in the season, in reference to possibly replacing Butcher, didn't you say we needed to cut off the snake's head?  As in, fire Scioscia?

I guess winning cures everything.

No Glen, you're missing my point.  Firing Mickey Hatcher did no good at all.  (And, please someone don't respond how the new guy has helped Trout).  The manager (especially Scioscia) staffs his team of coaches with guys that think as he does and follows his demands.  He does the same thing with his minor league players so when they get called up, they know the system that Scioscia preaches, from ROC, hit and run, etc.

So getting rid of a coach is not going to mean anything to speak of.  If you really want to change the way the team is instructed and previously constructed, you should fire the manager and all the coaches..

If the Angels lose ground today to either the A's or the Rangers I hope Arte fires Scioscia before the game tomorrow and replaces him with Chicago's own Ryne Sandberg.

I had lunch with Ryne (Sorry, Tank) and we talked about it.  He said only if he could bring back Mickey Hatcher.

Was Bourjos unlucky? Or we're the Angels unlucky when he started?

bourjos (when playing) has been great. But the majority of those games came in april...when only he and trumbo were hitting. Even trout was pretty 'average' that month. But more importantly, weaver was out, vargas looked horrible, and blanton was....vernon wells on the mound.

I had lunch with Ryne (Sorry, Tank) and we talked about it.  He said only if he could bring back Mickey Hatcher.

No worries, Bruce. He's kind of a sloppy eater and usually stiffs the wait staff.

No Glen, you're missing my point.  Firing Mickey Hatcher did no good at all.  (And, please someone don't respond how the new guy has helped Trout).  The manager (especially Scioscia) staffs his team of coaches with guys that think as he does and follows his demands.  He does the same thing with his minor league players so when they get called up, they know the system that Scioscia preaches, from ROC, hit and run, etc.

So getting rid of a coach is not going to mean anything to speak of.  If you really want to change the way the team is instructed and previously constructed, you should fire the manager and all the coaches..

Maybe the fact that Mickey Hatcher's firing did no long term good is because his replacement isn't up to the task.  Right now I'm not sure Dipoto is going to cut it due to the way he's "settled" with this staff.

The hitting coach isn't getting it done, or at least did not have this lineup rolling right out of the gate.  How much of that is Sciosh?

The pitching coach had the same thing going on, with the staff only recently showing signs of normalcy.  But when you consider the overall body of his work going back to his hiring, I'm not sure he should keep his job.

What I do think is that Sciosh's original staff was STACKED with Black and Maddon.  The Angels' struggles might have more to do with how those guys have been replaced along with Hatcher's replacement than it does Scioshia.

And don't get me wrong, I am in favor of restacking a whole new staff.  I'm just not sure Dipoto is capable of putting together a great one.