• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia

I will say this about Mike, this is the most consistency the lineup has seen in the past four years. It was about four years ago he really stopped trying and has just been going through the motions ever since.

you're right. but ive given up on him a long time ago.

i really believe the guy is stuck in a 1960's era NL type pitching and speed philosophy. i also detest what he did to napoli and his chronic refusal to replace over the hill vets with young talent that would otherwize start anywhere else. ( see: oakland A's)

I think that these players are professional athletes and don't really need days off. When Trout got a day off last week that was the last straw for me. The kid is 21 years old, he doesn't need a day off, are you kidding me. Million Dollar Babies is all they are.

I'm glad you're not managing the team, because everyone would be on the DL. These guys' bodies take a pounding that most of us cannot imagine. Age has nothing to do with it, except that the older guys don't recover as quickly. It's a six-month 162-game grind, and a day off here and there just might make the difference between a guy making it to the finish line and being out for a prolonged period.

I think that these players are professional athletes and don't really need days off. When Trout got a day off last week that was the last straw for me. The kid is 21 years old, he doesn't need a day off, are you kidding me. Million Dollar Babies is all they are.

This is idiotic. The guy had a sore hamstring. The thread after Trout blows his hamstring after knowing it was sore the day before.....yea, fun times.

Scioscia should have recognized that Hamilton should be chewing again?  I see.

So you stiffs believe that we have a team of Cal Ripken, Jrs. that can play every day.  Got it.

no, he just needs to stop ****ing with a lineup and batting order that works. the guy plays marginal vets and buries young talented players.

I'm glad you're not managing the team, because everyone would be on the DL. These guys' bodies take a pounding that most of us cannot imagine. Age has nothing to do with it, except that the older guys don't recover as quickly. It's a six-month 162-game grind, and a day off here and there just might make the difference between a guy making it to the finish line and being out for a prolonged period.

But Prince Fielder has only missed one game (second game of a double header) in five seasons. He must be in tremendous shape.

I agree, particularly with a 21 year old kid. They are playing a game for a couple of hours a day, and they are pretty much pampered before, during, and after games. Yes, the season is long, but so are our work years. Besides, we are not in a position where our best player can be sitting. Though if he were having some hamstring cramps I suppose it would be wise to be cautionary. If we are going to make a run at a WC, we can't give away games. We can't have Hamilton in CF flanked by Harris and Shuck, with Hawpe playing first base. Sosh doesn't have that luxury. I agree, the pussification of these athletes, in most sports, has become ridiculous.

However, Mike has been notorious for putting in the 'B' lineups before a day off or at the end of a series. If we are leading the division and not fighting for our lives, then I can see it from time to time. But Hawpe for Trumbo? Get real! And what is the fascination with Ianetta? Conger should be getting the lion's share of the starts now.

So just play them until they break down?

I like....we can always find another Trout!

Bruce - earlier in the season, in reference to possibly replacing Butcher, didn't you say we needed to cut off the snake's head?  As in, fire Scioscia?

I guess winning cures everything.