• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kobayashi released, Geltz to Minors camp

nate

Kind of more surprised to see Geltz sent down to minor league camp at this point. He hasn't dominated thusfar in Spring, but he still seemed like a decent candidate for a bullpen spot in what seems to be a pretty wide open race.

Scioscia was talking about Kobayashi's velocity being about 5 mph below where they thought he needed to be most effective, so I guess they aren't optimistic about him finding that.

wow. kobayashi was rumored to have been impressing early in camp (before games began)...guess that didnt last long.

I think Alden Gonzalez was the only one to say that Kobayashi was impressing, which he also said about Barry Enright, who has gotten shelled in games thus far.  Not sure I trust Alden's scouting on pitchers.