• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can always tell when we're playing Bos or NYY

So last night I went to bed with us winning 3-2 (I live in Kentucky). I wake up, see that we won 9-7 in extras and click on the box score. I see that we finally did one of these to Boston (seems like they're good for one of these against us in Fenway every freaking year) and can't wait to read Josh's quotes, Scioscia's quotes, etc. I click on the espn story and it's ALL Boston. The lead is about how Boston's reliever might not make the All-Star game now. The first few quotes are from Boston. All of the notes at the bottom of the article? Yep. All Boston.

You would think that when Josh Hamilton, one of the game's biggest names for better or worse, hits his second walk off in three games, he might be the lead. Wouldn't you? Instead it's about Uehara. Unbelievable.

Usually, I think people are a bit dramatic about these things... and ESPN is running a business.   Looked into it, though and ESPN's recap of the game last night is pretty funny compared to the ones on Fox Sports/MSN and SI/CNN... which are identical.

They all get the recap from Associated Press, but the ESPN version is missing this at the beginning...

"Josh Hamilton has developed quite a flair for the dramatic lately, and the Los Angeles Angelsare eating it up.Hamilton hit a two-run homer in the 11th inning, after the Halos rallied to tie it with four runs in the ninth, and they beat the Boston Red Sox 9-7 on Saturday night to snap the AL East-leaders' five-game winning streak"

Instead, it begins with this...

" Koji Uehara entered Saturday night's game against the Los Angeles Angels hoping he'd get one more chance to make the AL All-Star team because of the last-chance fan ballot. He might want to rethink his plans for the break."

ESPN also omitted the game notes about Dr. Yocum. 

The only time I watch ESPN is when they have an exclusive game I want to watch. I don't care for their recaps, their opinions, or what they deem important. The internet and my television are filled with many, many sources for what I want. I do just fine without ESPN.

I think you have to look at this from ESPN's standpoint.  They're running a business.  Where are most of their readers?  East of the Mississippi, mostly on the Atlantic seaboard.  They cater to those fans.  I don't like that they try to deny it and aren't acting like that's what they are (a regional sports network instead of a national subjective network) but it's the way it is.  

The way they make money is to talk incessantly about the Yankees, Red Sox, Patriots, Jets, Giants, Knicks, Celtics and Lebron.  If you don't happen to like those teams or that guy then find another place to get your news.   

I think you have to look at this from ESPN's standpoint.  They're running a business.  Where are most of their readers?  East of the Mississippi, mostly on the Atlantic seaboard.  They cater to those fans.  I don't like that they try to deny it and aren't acting like that's what they are (a regional sports network instead of a national subjective network) but it's the way it is.  

The way they make money is to talk incessantly about the Yankees, Red Sox, Patriots, Jets, Giants, Knicks, Celtics and Lebron.  If you don't happen to like those teams or that guy then find another place to get your news.   

Yep.  No matter how they try to change it with feeds from the "other" major cities like their LA, Dallas, etc sites, they are an east coast network.  

Which is why I also don't watch ESPN unless it's the only option I have.