• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout is the real deal

"Clutch" only exists due to media trying to sell their stories and readers started to buy it. The whole "clutch" notion is a myth. There are clutch situations, but no hitter performs any differently than their normal numbers. A .220 hitter will not consistently hit .300 in "clutch" situations. The same works in that a .300 hitter will not consistently hit .220 in clutch situations. Bottom line, you ALWAYS want your best hitter to hit in ANY situation.

So a .300 hitter will come through in the clutch situation 1 in 3 times. If that 1 hit is a walk off HR in the WS, then he'll forever be titled as "clutch" (Oritz, Man Ram, Etc). But if that 1 hit occurs during a less critical game, that magnifies the other 2 failed attempts in more critical games.

Finally, there is no clear definition of what is a "clutch situation".

I think a player's mentality has a lot to do with it. They aren't robots who will look at every situation the same way and have the same approach at the plate no matter what. "Clutch" stats are pointless, but there's no reason to believe a player can't come up in a tough situation and have a much different approach than they would if the team was down by 6 with 2 outs and no one on base. Adversely, players may get overly nervous and out-think themselves, causing a weak at bat.

I think I confused a few people. I was trying to say he not only is the best player on the planet but also seems humble enough to engage the kids. I can understand that players don't want to sign for ebay vending adults but I really appreciate that he seeks out kids. he actually ran in the dugout ignoring everyone. as people began to leave he jumped out and quietly signaled for the kids to throw him a ball. he really went out of his way for them. reminded me when I was 10 eric davis refused to sign my ball. and acted as if we owed him something for breathing the same air. trout showed that not only he is a superior talent but is also very mature for his age. I really think his character is going to help him to reach his unlimited potential. 

He's good, but not great (yet). He needs to stop shying away from pressure packed situations (I haven't seen him come through in important at bats this year, and metrics agree saying he is one of the top 5 least clutchest players in baseball). He's only 21 so he has a lot of time to start cementing himself as a big time player,  but right now he's just the guy who puts up his stats day in and day out.

If I could -1 your post, I would.  horrible timing dude

Clutch? Who the hell drives a clutch, anymore? If you have a car with a clutch instead of automatic transmission, it's a lot harder to sell that car later on. And, if you live in an area with a lot of hills, good luck.

On the plus side, cars with a clutch are somewhat less likely to get stolen as an entire generation of auto theiievs has grown up with automatics their entire life  B)

• 6 years later...
On 7/7/2013 at 12:40 AM, angelinkc said:

yes it was. we moved down about three rows behind angels dugout to celebrate. we ended up on every highlight reel as perez rounded third. all the kc fans taunted us which kinda pissed me off. I have probably attended more royals games than most them.

He's a real person, guys!

On 7/7/2013 at 12:16 AM, Halos of Anaheim said:

He's good, but not great (yet). He needs to stop shying away from pressure packed situations (I haven't seen him come through in important at bats this year, and metrics agree saying he is one of the top 5 least clutchest players in baseball). He's only 21 so he has a lot of time to start cementing himself as a big time player,  but right now he's just the guy who puts up his stats day in and day out.

Lol @ this post

3 hours ago, Franklin Bluth said:

He's a real person, guys!

Yes I believe that was one of the last games I attended. Two college kids thought it would be a good idea to grab a megaphone and yell fuck the angels in my family’s face. Had to show him Chaz doesnt exist in my personal space