• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shuck-ed

Is this really the best they can do? This is guy is an awful fielder

Calhoun can't be this crappy...

Agree. DFA or option Shuck (not sure what his option situation is) Bring Calhoun up and let him be the everyday LF until Bourjos is back, then use Calhoun as backup  OF.

I guess I really don't understand why Calhoun is still down at AAA at this point.  He'll be 26 in October.  His minor league hitting numbers are great, so I don't see what else he's going to "learn" down there.  The Angels must trust his OF defense, since he was used as a defensive replacement in most of the games in which he appeared last year when he was called up.

So what's the point?  I don't think leaving him at AAA is upping his trade value, since my guess is his trade value wouldn't be all that high, anyway.

Starting spring with PB, Trout, Trumbo, Hamilton, and Wells and I can't even believe he is starting. 

Wells is now Mr Clutch over in Pinstripe land. Just hit something like his third walkoff of the year for them.

Mother Shucker can't field worth a shit but he can hit the shuck out of the ball.

I like the idea of putting Pujols on the DL and having Shuck DH. He'd be a pretty unconventional DH as he's not a power hitter but I'd be more comfortable with Calhoun LF / Shuck DH than Shuck LF / Pujols DH at this point.

I really have no idea, but I can't imagine he has made it this far without playing... at least... decent defense. I want to believe it is a fluke, but I'd seen enough that I wanted to see Calhoun play for a couple weeks.... despite the solid offense from Shuck.

Shuck shouldn't even be playing, but Bourjos has been hurt far too much. The outfield should be Trout, Bourjos and Hamilton. If we need to sit Pujols the DH possibilities are pretty varied. We just have to get to post All Star break in decent shape, and then try to take a run from there.