• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Have you ever had an existential crisis?

I had a weekend where my girlfriend broke up with me, I was pulled over on suspicion of DUI (false I was stone sober, it was really driving at 2 AM in the ghetto in a beater so lets search his car -- closest I have ever known what it is like to be black) got two speeding tickets and by the end of the day on Sunday the engine in my car blew because someone had broken into my car and stolen the case of motor oil that was vital to the cars life.

None of this is exaggeration... someone seriously broke into my 1972 Super Beetle and stole the case of motor oil in the boot.  It went through about a quart and a half a day and the engine blew while I was driving it from home to the auto parts store to buy more.  Hindsight, I should have walked across the street and bought some from Rite Aid.  Also, yes I got two speeding tickets in a barely running 1972 Super Beetle... I was young and stupid.

Anyway, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  You can let these things ruin your life or you can use them to become stronger, smarter and more motivated.

I had a weekend where my girlfriend broke up with me, I was pulled over on suspicion of DUI (false I was stone sober, it was really driving at 2 AM in the ghetto in a beater so lets search his car -- closest I have ever known what it is like to be black) got two speeding tickets and by the end of the day on Sunday the engine in my car blew because someone had broken into my car and stolen the case of motor oil that was vital to the cars life.

None of this is exaggeration... someone seriously broke into my 1972 Super Beetle and stole the case of motor oil in the boot.  It went through about a quart and a half a day and the engine blew while I was driving it from home to the auto parts store to buy more.  Hindsight, I should have walked across the street and bought some from Rite Aid.  Also, yes I got two speeding tickets in a barely running 1972 Super Beetle... I was young and stupid.

Anyway, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  You can let these things ruin your life or you can use them to become stronger, smarter and more motivated.

My brother once totaled two cars he was driving (different accidents) in the same night. I think they were both Volkswagens.

Didn't make him stronger, but it did almost kill him.

Hah if I got in an accident in that car I probably would have died.  The seatbelts didn't work, the seat was made from two of my pillows and duct tape...  The engine mounts were broken so it tore up the hose between the intake manifold and the air filter so you had to keep it revved at all times otherwise the engine would die.  Every gasket on the thing leaked oil.  But it had sport exhaust!!!  I bought it for 200 bucks and drove it for 6 months... not a terrible investment.

Ever since I was at least 4 years old I've been questioning what I am in this universe. Is my consciousness attached to my body? Am I able to detach my consciousness from my body? What if my consciousness where to go into another body. Is my consciousness leaving my body when i am thinking these thoughts? And other far more obscure and hard to explain questions that even now I can't describe. And that was at four years old.

Sadly as I grew older I grew less interested, and just came to the conclusion that my conscious is most likely only a product of my brain, and was born and will die with it.

Ever since I was at least 4 years old I've been questioning what I am in this universe. Is my consciousness attached to my body? Am I able to detach my consciousness from my body? What if my consciousness where to go into another body. Is my consciousness leaving my body when i am thinking these thoughts? And other far more obscure and hard to explain questions that even now I can't describe. And that was at four years old.

Sadly as I grew older I grew less interested, and just came to the conclusion that my conscious is most likely only a product of my brain, and was born and will die with it.

read some decartes, you'd love it.

you'd probably like camus and sartre too.