• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols and Hamilton are a Joke

A really bad one at that. What a complete waste. Look at their batting averages - as of the 7th inning on July 4th, Pujols is hitting .242 and Hamilton .224...and its not like we're a few weeks or a month into the season - its game #85!!!!

The worst part about these two is that they came AFTER the Wells trade, meaning the Angels should have learned their lesson. The Angels front office is clueless.

Yeah, I hope they turn it around but I'm not optimistic. At least with Wells we "only" ever had four years to deal with, but we have four and a half more of Hamilton and eight and a half of Pujols. What a nightmare.

It's essentially equivalent to us signing Greinke and Verlander and then watching them perform like Hanson and Blanton. 

It's moderately impressive that the team is actually moving toward being .500

BTW, Hamilton is hitting .224 because of a recent hot streak. 

Doc, I hear what you're saying but the problem with that comparison is age and signs of decline. Pujols and Hamilton were both entering their age 32 seasons and both with red flags - Pujols with two straight years of decline and Hamilton with a collapse after two months in the previous year. Something is amiss with this team if they're completely incapable of scouting this sort of thing.

I rarely feel this way about an Angels player, but I honestly wish they'd both go away. Actually, there's almost always a "team goat" - Vernon Wells, Jeff Mathis, Gary Matthews Jr, Steve Finley. But with Wells the Angels started tradition of the team goat being the highest paid player on the team; now its the two highest paid players.

It just really worries me - does the front office have any clue what they're doing? Isn't it their job to have a pretty good sense of how a player is going to perform before signing him, especially to a five (or ten!) year contract through his mid to late 30s?

Doc, I hear what you're saying but the problem with that comparison is age and signs of decline. Pujols and Hamilton were both entering their age 32 seasons and both with red flags - Pujols with two straight years of decline and Hamilton with a collapse after two months in the previous year. Something is amiss with this team if they're completely incapable of scouting this sort of thing.

I don't think there was any question that these two were going to decline.  If the FO didn't think so, then they should all be fired now. 

Did anyone here or would any GM think it was going to happen so soon and so drastically?  Really? 

No scout in the world could predict this type of situation. 

3 years of Hamilton giving us .280/30/100 and four years of pujols doing about the same would make this team a playoff contender each of those years.  Those numbers are well below each's career level so no unreasonable to expect.  Get the team to 2017 and let a revamped farm system come into the mix.