• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Report: Nolan Ryan could soon leave Rangers

Daniels is really good. It was quite wise for them to promote Daniels in November per the report. As long as Daniels is in charge the Rangers are going to be dominant force in the AL.

I always thought Nolan was more of a PR stint than somebody who actually bad baseball operation decisions.

This is the truth.

Ryan's been much more involved in baseball operations than a lot of people outside DFW realize.  He basically implemented his pitching philosophy on the organization -- 5-6 innings out of a starter was no longer good enough, regardless if a W was in jeopardy or it was 106 degress in the yard.  And he brought in Mike Maddux to enforce it.  He's been wise enough to allow Daniels to do his job as far as talent acquisition and building a scouting department, etc.

Speculation locally is that this is all about helping Ryan ease into retirement.  Daniels will take over Ryan's job and either Thad Levine or A.J. Preller will become GM.  Rangers really don't want to lose the latter two to other organizations.       

Nolan has been great for the Rangers. Everyone knows that. He has played an important role in the success over the last few years, however not the most important. JD and his staff (Levine, Preller, Boyd, others) have been the complete brains behind this thing. Nolan has served as an identity for the franchise. Mostly among the pitching staff. 

Fact is, Nolan wasn't always going to be the face of the front office. Change has to happen sometimes. Whether it's friendly or not is another story. I for one hope it is, because that's what Nolan deserves. BUT, I am not against him moving out of the way so that Texas can keep the young, bright minds that have been the driving force behind this run.

"He has played an important role in the success over the last few years"

pretty sure you didn't

btw, that was directed at YB, also

"He has played an important role in the success over the last few years"

pretty sure you didn't

btw, that was directed at YB, also

I meant more so philosophically, but whatever. 

Also, I apologize. 

well, the Rangers can probably replace Nolan Ryan with two 8-7 pitchers...........

(for younger fans, this is what Buzzie Bavasi told owner Gene Autry when the Angels decided not to re-sign a pitcher who had four no hitters and struck out an MLB record 387 in one season).....

how did that deal turn out for the Halos?

well, the Rangers can probably replace Nolan Ryan with two 8-7 pitchers...........

(for younger fans, this is what Buzzie Bavasi told owner Gene Autry when the Angels decided not to re-sign a pitcher who had four no hitters and struck out an MLB record 387 in one season).....

how did that deal turn out for the Halos?