• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why is this place less active when we win?

I wish I could post as much as I used to, but I have a new job that keeps me real busy. I can't even watch the games. I get game updates on my phone, but I have to go on MLB.com late at night to look at the highlights. The only time I can sit down and watch a game is on the weekends. I'll be at the Big A this Saturday btw!

Henry Rollins had a bit about how you could have a movie about a happy, well-adjusted family doing happy, well-adjusted things and with a happy ending and it would have a few people lining up to see it.  Meanwhile, across the street you have a movie about a messed-up family doing messed-up things and with a horrible ending, and the line would be around the block to see it.

This winning streak is the happy, well-adjusted family movie.  

No wonder the stadium was so empty.

Agreed.

I thought a few years ago he had added a secondary pitch, like a 2 seamer or cutter? Correct though, too many fastballs with no movement.

He added a nice cutter that will get ground balls when its working.

I am waiting for the offseason, where we are two time defending champions.

We won the offseason before the 2012 season. The 2013 offseason world series winners were the LA Dodgers. The 2013 ALCS winners were the Toronto Blue Jays.

Because we have stopped caring. I used to arrange my schedule around the ganes so I could watch or listen. I've stopped that completely. If a game happens to be on when its convenient for me then I watch some of it. I love the game and our team but when they play as poorly as they have this season it makes it tough to care. I have stopped recording the games, don't listen to 8:30am radio and rarely check or post here. I'll check the box score to see what happened but that's it.

Complaining is more entertaining. 

Complaining is more entertaining???. 

Uh ....NO.

The bad STARTS this team has had for the past few years have knocked them out of the post season, before the season got going. When this team gets on a decent win streak, the Scioscia nutswingers get all excited...all the while ignoring the fact that the HOLE is too deep to dig out of.

Is there a reason this team couldn't play .500 baseball in April (AGAIN)????

Scioscia doesn't get his teams ready to play MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL in April.

That is the bottom line. Scioscia isn't getting the job done in the spring, and can't get his boys up to playing .500 baseball out of the gate.....

It has been this way for a few years.

Turning the page, grinding, we are almost getting where we need to be....

Same BS year after year.

April and May have been killing this team and WOW...amazingly here it is again.

WIN streaks in June-July are no big deal, because of the hole dug in April-May

And the slow starts are a Scioscia phenomenon. It is the Scioscia MO.

The AL west isn't a cake walk anymore.

Scioscia was great when it was a cakewalk, but when the AL West got tough, Scioscia, and his mismanaged teams, got exposed.

You knuckleheads that get all wet and excited about the team winning a few games in a row, will never understand that playing in the post seasan is the goal. For a 4th straight season, this team will NOT play in the post season.

Stroke yourselves hard now, because for a 4th year, these win streaks are as good as you are going to feel. 

After going back and reading all the posts in this thread, my gut feeling stands.

Nobody wants to look at, or talk about, the April-May of this team that should never be as bad as it was this year, or as bad as it has been the last few years.

This is a manager issue. It has been and continues to be.

These slow starts can't be ignored.

Play .500 in April and May and you are lookin good.

Why can't Scioscia get his high paid, high powered, teams to play .500 baseball in April-May?

Because we have stopped caring. I used to arrange my schedule around the ganes so I could watch or listen. I've stopped that completely. If a game happens to be on when its convenient for me then I watch some of it. I love the game and our team but when they play as poorly as they have this season it makes it tough to care. I have stopped recording the games, don't listen to 8:30am radio and rarely check or post here. I'll check the box score to see what happened but that's it.

I agree with you completely. Call me a "bad fan" this year, but I'm sick of this team playing below their capabilities on most nights. The season is already over in my books. I just look at the box score at midnight and save myself the trouble from getting pissed off over baseball. If the Halos win, then good. If they lose, then whatever. Either way, I won't attend another game at the Big A until Scioscia is fired.

I agree with you completely. Call me a "bad fan" this year, but I'm sick of this team playing below their capabilities on most nights. The season is already over in my books. I just look at the box score at midnight and save myself the trouble from getting pissed off over baseball. If the Halos win, then good. If they lose, then whatever. Either way, I won't attend another game at the Big A until Scioscia is fired.

If the Halos win, then good. If they lose, then whatever. Either way, I won't attend another game at the Big A until Scioscia is fired.

The empty seats should have sings on them saying THIS^^^^^

I love baseball and watch lots of games....there are just too many good teams,  playing good baseball, to watch my FAVORITE team play these days....