• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why is this place less active when we win?

lol he pitched terrible. just watch the difference between him and weaver. he was throwing predictable 97mph fastballs while weaver was throwing 5 different pitches all at different speeds and locations. Weaver was keeping the hitters off balance and honestly could have went 1, and even two more innings.

And?

What's the point of comparing them? If Jepsen was that good he'd be a starter. He has good steam on the ball, just little movement. He had good control as well. He got unlucky with one batter and another had a good AB, it happens.

Henry Rollins had a bit about how you could have a movie about a happy, well-adjusted family doing happy, well-adjusted things and with a happy ending and it would have a few people lining up to see it.  Meanwhile, across the street you have a movie about a messed-up family doing messed-up things and with a horrible ending, and the line would be around the block to see it.

This winning streak is the happy, well-adjusted family movie.  

I thought Jepsen pitched fine. Was ahead in counts and got unlucky with Beltran. The third batter had a good AB.

:huh:   LMAO  Loading the bases without recording an out is not my definition of pitching fine. It seems to me that all three batters had good AB's against him. Downs pitched great, though. He simply outsmarted the hitters, shrugged off the pressure, and kicked tail. Trumbo came up with a huge defensive gem.

I think a lot of us have given Downs an unjustified amount of crap this year. He has been outstanding as an Angel and I would love to see him back next year.

I agree, and he has looked pretty darn good this season. He is also a very intelligent pitcher, he pitched well, but he set up those hitters and outsmarted them as well last night.

And?

What's the point of comparing them? If Jepsen was that good he'd be a starter. He has good steam on the ball, just little movement. He had good control as well. He got unlucky with one batter and another had a good AB, it happens.

True, there is no comparison what so ever.

Jepsen's lack of movement on his fastball along with no real secondary pitch has in the past, and will in the future continue to haunt him. Although, it is not as if we have a ton of options, and I would much rather see him come into a game with no inherited runners while leading by four.   

:huh:   LMAO  Loading the bases without recording an out is not my definition of pitching fine. It seems to me that all three batters had good AB's against him. Downs pitched great, though. He simply outsmarted the hitters, shrugged off the pressure, and kicked tail. Trumbo came up with a huge defensive gem.

I'm glad you feel Beltran chopping it up on a 1-2 pitch was a great AB.

True, there is no comparison what so ever.

Jepsen's lack of movement on his fastball along with no real secondary pitch has in the past, and will in the future continue to haunt him. Although, it is not as if we have a ton of options, and I would much rather see him come into a game with no inherited runners while leading by four.

Agreed.

I thought a few years ago he had added a secondary pitch, like a 2 seamer or cutter? Correct though, too many fastballs with no movement.

Sorry. It's my fault. I haven't been posting as much because I'm now a full-time college student (yes, in the summer) and don't have as much time as I used to.

My apologies.

Would it be possible for you to go year-round? :P :P :P :P :P

Yes, where are those negative Nancy's hiding at?

Head on over to the "Build Me Up" thread.  The Nancies are predicting that the streak will end at some point.  (Ya' think?)  And then the Angels will lose 10 of 12, or some such rosy prediction.