• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

From the LA Times - If Angels' Mike Trout is disappointed, he'll probably get over it

Trouts agent might have made it a story. But I am guessing the only reason his agent said anything was because Trout said something to him about it. Agents are the mouth pieces of the players. Just like when agents get the players the highest contract its because the player is the one that wants it.

Kornheiser and Wilbon just discussed Trouts contract on PTI. Kornheiser said that Magic Johnson should just give Trout a million dollar. Wilbon said that the Angels were in their rights to do this and that the players agreed to this, but Trout may back them up against the wall after next season when hes eligible for arbitration.

Kornheiser and Wilbon just discussed Trouts contract on PTI. Kornheiser said that Magic Johnson should just give Trout a million dollar. Wilbon said that the Angels were in their rights to do this and that the players agreed to this, but Trout may back them up against the wall after next season when hes eligible for arbitration.

My bet is he never gets to arbitration.  This is a non issue and all of you need to back away from the cliff.

That resentment might just dissipate him all the way to the Bronx and pinstripes in a few years.

The Angels had better be very careful if he has another monster season.

Pinstripes are not nearly slimming enough to lure Trout anywhere.

I just saw this update on MLBTR. I don't know if it's true, but even if it's true, I still agree with what the Angels did.

Quick Hits: Trout, Happ, Chavez
By Charlie Wilmoth [March 6 at 12:08am CST]

The Angels' $510K renewal of Mike Trout's contract for 2013 has made minor news this week. Now FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that Trout's agent, Craig Landis, has suggested his client wanted a $1M contract for 2013. Since Trout is a pre-arbitration eligible player and does not have a long-term deal, the Angels were not obligated to pay him any more than the league minimum salary of $490K, despite Trout's exceptional 2012 performance. One source tells Rosenthal the Angels did not negotiate the deal at all. Another tells him that the Angels initially offered Trout a contract of more than $510K, but Trout did not accept it, and the Angels gave him the $510K contract as punishment. In any case, as Rosenthal suggests, the mini-controversy over Trout's 2013 salary will quickly vanish into history if the two sides can agree on a long-term deal. And, of course, salaries near the league minimum are routine for pre-arbitration eligible players, even spectacular ones. Here are more notes from around the majors.

http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/mlbbuzz/article/more_details_on_trout/13063279?new_post=true

I doubt that we gave him a lessor contract as a punishment for him not accepting the initial offer. But if we did that's absolute garbage. If we made an offer and he rejected we should have just made it official without his signature. No need to be bitter about it.

• 6 years later...