• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Might need to put cat down

11 is not old for a cat.

The cat we put down last year (because of old age and ill health, not because she scratched anyone) was (we estimate) at least 14-15 years old. The cat came to Vegas with us when we moved here in 1998, and she had already had a litter of kittens before that. She was a street cat in the small town where my mother-in-law lived at the time.

The cat we put down last year (because of old age and ill health, not because she scratched anyone) was (we estimate) at least 14-15 years old. The cat came to Vegas with us when we moved here in 1998, and she had already had a litter of kittens before that. She was a street cat in the small town where my mother-in-law lived at the time.

I suppose I should have said "not THAT old". Each animal is different. My current cat is 14 this year. And he is still catching mice/lizards/whatever. He might get a little cranky at times....

No vet will put down a healthy animal simply because it scratched someone. Get the cat's nails trimmed regularly so the scratches won't be so severe. If that isn't good enough just keep the cat out of the bedroom at night.

Good second post.

We had a cat that turned mean on us. We went away for a weekend and the neighbor who was caring for him lost the house key. Cat peed everywhere and never seemed to forgive us, then kept it up for several months after the event. We took him to our vet and explained, and the vet put him down.

Talk to your vet about your options.

This story is suspect. Any competent vet would have first checked the cat for a UTI and then considered other options. Putting the cat down should have never even been considered.

This story is suspect. Any competent vet would have first checked the cat for a UTI and then considered other options. Putting the cat down should have never even been considered.

That's exactly the way it happened. Not sure what else to tell you. Would probably seek another option today.