• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tigers are Pussies

SigBaby

Last night, wild Rodney accidentally threw a pitch up and in to Miguel Cabrera, clearly not intentional. Just because he's a great hitter doesn't mean he can't get pitched inside like everyone else.

Today, 1st pitch to Zobrist, Zobrist got hit in the shoulder. Benches warned. Stay tuned.

This isn't exclusive to the Tigers. It seems that every time a pitcher goes high and tight to a batter, they are glared at by the batter. I've seen player's get plunked numerous times this year and overreact as if the pitcher hit them on purpose. This whole "written rule" crap is getting out of hand. Pitchers will throw inside if a player is crowding the plate. A pitcher also doesn't have pin point accuracy and sometimes will run in a little too tight.

So a pitcher is no longer allowed to throw high and inside?? I think that's complete BS. A pitcher has the right to rattle the batter and get the out. The pitcher greats of the past used this philosophy and succeeded. It's no wonder why batters take exception to it...because it works.

Rays pitchers throws high and tight to back off a Tiger hitter. So the Tigers PLUNK a Rays batter. Sorry, but I fail to see the "protect the player" mentality there. If anything, the Rays should take larger exception to this. Commish needs to get ahold of this unwritten rule crap and squash it. Apparently ANYTHING can be deemed "protect the player" now.

I am not saying they should throw at a guys head but I do believe you protect your players.

I agree that you should protect your players, but only if there there is a valid reason to protect them. A pitch up and in that wasn't all that close to hitting him doesn't qualify.

I don't enjoy this crap.  Hitting a guy because your guy was almost hit is weak.  To make it worse, the Tigers certainly wouldn't intentionally nail a guy in retaliation if Andy Dirks was almost hit. 

Fernando Rodney is wild.  Always has been (except for 2012). If you can tell that he was throwing at Miguel Cabrera, but missed only because he is wild, you are... something.  

Sometimes, I wish MLB was more like the NHL.  I'm not really a fan of fights, but I like how it is done in hockey. One on one.  Fewer "unwritten rules".  No throwing of helmets.  Nobody running from the bench.  Sure, there is retaliation, but they accept the penalties... most of the time without much rhetoric. 

It is unrealistic for MLB to be like NHL, but baseball does seem pussified, at times.  The unwritten rules, beanball wars, and bench clearing tea parties are my least favorite parts about my favorite game.  

I actually think that the ball that hit Zobrist was closer to his head than the pitch that was inside on Cabrera. Cabrera should be shown what actually getting hit feels like. I like the guy, but he can't expect to be exempt from inside pitching

Miggy mocked Rodney Friday night by doing his "arrow shot" so Rodney fought back. That said, If he was trying to do more than intimidate Cabrera, he wouldn't have thrown the first pitch 5 feet outside, in that situation nonetheless (closing out the game)

Do you think Rodney was head hunting?  It didn't look that way to me. 

I may be biased, but the Tiger philosophy irritates me.  I will never forget Verlander threatening Aybar after the infamous bunt.

Looks like we will have to wait another season to see if Verlander is going to make good on his threat.