• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Paula Deen

She creeps me out and also annoys the crap out of me with her over-the-top Southern accent.

That said, her being fired over something she said decades ago is just more "politically correct" overreaction BS this country has become synonymous with.

She'll be back.  People have done a lot worse than she did and made a comeback.  Elliot Spitzer's got his own TV show.  Newt Gingrich sort of came back.  Anthony Weiner is running for mayor.  Tiger Woods is popular again.  Ray Lewis is a sports legend.  Hell, even Marion Barry got re-elected.

I think people are willing to forgive, but only after somebody stays under the radar for a while.

As for me, she uses way too much butter.

She'll be back.  People have done a lot worse than she did and made a comeback.  Elliot Spitzer's got his own TV show.  Newt Gingrich sort of came back.  Anthony Weiner is running for mayor.  Tiger Woods is popular again.  Ray Lewis is a sports legend.  Hell, even Marion Barry got re-elected.

I think people are willing to forgive, but only after somebody stays under the radar for a while.

As for me, she uses way too much butter.

Martha Stewart is a felon who did time.

Mike Tyson rapes a girl and is now totally popular in Hollywood, Paula Deen says the "n" word decades ago and is persona non grata.

Hypocrisy

According to the court documents, Jackson states that she was appointed by Deen to handle the catering and staff for Bubba’s wedding in 2007, and she asked Deen what the servers should wear: “Well what I would really like is a bunch of little niggers to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties, you know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around,” Jackson alleges Deen told her. “Now, that would be a true Southern wedding wouldn’t it? But we can’t do that because the media would be on me about that.”

Not decades, 5 years ago and it wasn't a slip of the tongue it was good old fashioned Southern Fried Racism. She and her generation need to die off and leave no more of a mark on society with their behind closed doors secret hate society.

Not decades, 5 years ago and it wasn't a slip of the tongue it was good old fashioned Southern Fried Racism. She and her generation need to die off and leave no more of a mark on society with their behind closed doors secret hate society.

What I find most offensive is that she tries to pass it off as being part of southern culture. I was born and raised in the south, and I am old enough to remember segregation. I don't use the N word or other racial epithets even in private conversations. It isn't part of my dialog and it isn't part of my thinking.

According to the court documents, Jackson states that she was appointed by Deen to handle the catering and staff for Bubba’s wedding in 2007, and she asked Deen what the servers should wear: “Well what I would really like is a bunch of little niggers to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties, you know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around,” Jackson alleges Deen told her. “Now, that would be a true Southern wedding wouldn’t it? But we can’t do that because the media would be on me about that.”

That's what Lisa states. Deen claims she said professional middle-aged black waiters in white coats.

Whether or not she used the N word in that context five years is kind of irrelevant. Don't get me wrong, if all she did was use then N word 30 years ago I'm ready to forgive her and I'm a fairly PC guy. I believe people can change and she may be one of them. That being said the fact that she wanted to go back to a time or at least romanticizes a time when black people were subservient to whites is the bigger issue. It's not the words she uses to describe that vision that is the problem.