• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

On to the Astros

Hubs

Crucial 4 game set in Houston, Terry Smith said the pitching matchups aren't set yet, but ESPN has them.

Thursday 6/1 - DETMERS (9 GS, 4.93 ERA, 3.61 FIP) vs. VALDEZ (11 GS, 2.38 ERA, 2.94 FIP)

Friday 6/2 - OHTANI (11 GS, 2.91 ERA, 3.78 FIP) vs. JAVIER (11 GS, 2.97 ERA, 3.82 FIP)

Saturday 6/3 - SANDOVAL (10 GS, 3.42 ERA, 4.22 FIP) vs. FRANCE (5 GS, 4.00 ERA, 5.25 FIP)

Sunday 6/4 - CANNING (8 GS, 4.89 ERA, 4.73 FIP) vs. BIELAK (5 GS, 3.19 ERA, 5.16 FIP)

For the Record, Astros are hitting .244 / .315 / .391 / .707 OPS (9th) with 56 HR (12th) and 435 K's (3rd). 

The Angels are hitting .256 / .327 / .422 / .749 OPS (5th) with 73 HR (4th) and 493 K's (11th).

Angels have played 2 more Games.

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

Crucial 4 game set in Houston, Terry Smith said the pitching matchups aren't set yet, but ESPN has them.

Thursday 6/1 - DETMERS (9 GS, 4.93 ERA, 3.61 FIP) vs. VALDEZ (11 GS, 2.38 ERA, 2.94 FIP)

Friday 6/2 - OHTANI (11 GS, 2.91 ERA, 3.78 FIP) vs. JAVIER (11 GS, 2.97 ERA, 3.82 FIP)

Saturday 6/3 - SANDOVAL (10 GS, 3.42 ERA, 4.22 FIP) vs. FRANCE (5 GS, 4.00 ERA, 5.25 FIP)

Sunday 6/4 - CANNING (8 GS, 4.89 ERA, 4.73 FIP) vs. BIELAK (5 GS, 3.19 ERA, 5.16 FIP)

The Astros are considering some changes to their rotation. 

Don’t pay any attention to the matchups on ESPN. I think they’re just automated so they’re very often wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

The Astros are considering some changes to their rotation. 

Don’t pay any attention to the matchups on ESPN. I think they’re just automated so they’re very often wrong. 

Ah Ok, didn't realize they were automated. Though I noticed they have Ohtani for a future start against the Cubs, but we know they will put him every 6th day, not on day 7.

Next 14 games they need to go at least 8-6 just to show they can compete with the other top teams in the AL West. I'm going to the Ohtani start. It may be the last time I get to see him pitch live in an Angels' uniform if he doesn't pitch in Arlington in a couple of weeks.

46 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

Next 14 games they need to go at least 8-6 just to show they can compete with the other top teams in the AL West. I'm going to the Ohtani start. It may be the last time I get to see him pitch live in an Angels' uniform if he doesn't pitch in Arlington in a couple of weeks.

Eleven of those 14 are against the AL West:  Houston (4), Seattle (3) and Texas (4).  Seems like an opportunity to move up in the world.

Playing the three other good teams in the division will be the biggest test of the season so far. And maybe set the tone till the all star break. Gain or lose a game versus each team each time they play each other. A chance to gain or lose a chunk of ground in the standings each series. 

Realistically they have to finish with 8 or more wins for the even the semblance of momentum.  Hard to prioritize which team needs to be reeled in most. Houston is a perennial nemesis that always make the playoffs. Seattle was much hyped and can still get on a roll. But it would be nice to bring Texas back to earth and throw a little doubt into their mix. 

Hopefully after the all star break the Angels are still realistically close enough in the divisional race. As well, many are conceding all wildcard spots to the east. But you would think that a couple of those teams will come back to earth. 

2 hours ago, Revad said:

Eleven of those 14 are against the AL West:  Houston (4), Seattle (3) and Texas (4).  Seems like an opportunity to move up in the world.

Feels like this is the main reason we saw Bachman / Joyce get promoted. They need to know what theyre working with and how we might be able able to gain a couple games.

8 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

swept Boston, split with Baltimore, 3/4 in Seattle,

And while the White Sox haven’t been great they had been playing better and we faced 3 pretty good starters in Kopech, Giolito and Lynn, while we pitched Anderson, Canning and Barria and we took 2 of 3. 

RONEL BLANCO is starting tonight. It's his first career start. 

Everyone else is pushed back, meaning we'll see Valdez tomorrow vs. Ohtani, Javier on Saturday vs. Sandoval, and France against Canning on Sunday.