• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ok, I'm Calling it

Cy Norris will shut them down just like he has the other times he's faced them this season. I'm an optimist, but they have been absolutely terrible against the Astros. Chris Carter will hit 2 or 3 home runs in the series. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but the Halos seem to inexplicably go to sleep against this team. 

Cy Norris will shut them down just like he has the other times he's faced them this season. I'm an optimist, but they have been absolutely terrible against the Astros. Chris Carter will hit 2 or 3 home runs in the series. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but the Halos seem to inexplicably go to sleep against this team. 

You are spot on Stradling.  I'm here to validate your comments.  They have to get it done now, there is a real urgency to their situation.

I agree. At least 2 out of 3, but very possibly a sweep. This team is going to make things interesting over the next few weeks and, at the least I think, prevent a big sell-off. Whether or not it prompts Dipoto to go hard after a Cliff Lee remains to be seen, although I think that unlikely.

Good god, AJ are you out of your frigging mind with the trade for Cliff Lee crap. He is exactly the type of player the Angels need to avoid. Soon to be 35, over $75 million left on his contract. The Angels need cost effective pitching not salary cap killers.

Agree.  One, I don't think we have the pieces to get him (hello, Texas).  Two, the contract and age.  This team needs to find its next batch of Lackey/Weaver/Santana talent and develop them, and augment with trades or free agents. 

I agree. At least 2 out of 3, but very possibly a sweep. This team is going to make things interesting over the next few weeks and, at the least I think, prevent a big sell-off. Whether or not it prompts Dipoto to go hard after a Cliff Lee remains to be seen, although I think that unlikely.

I would steer away from Cliff Lee. He is not the dominant pitcher he once was. Just another over the hill 30 something with a big price tag. I am quite sure we have our fill of those types.

I would steer away from Cliff Lee. He is not the dominant pitcher he once was. Just another over the hill 30 something with a big price tag. I am quite sure we have our fill of those types.

9-2 2.51 ERA 0.96 WHIP 105Ks says otherwise. His ERA would be slightly over 2.00 if Papelbum didn't allow so many inherited runners to score

If the Halos could pick up Lee without giving up prospects and just picking up the contract...sure look at it...but the Phillies aren't a small market team looking to make a salary dump. They'll want something of value in return. If Dipoto does that, especially since the Angels are pretty much toast this year, he deserves to be kicked in the groin.

Good god, AJ are you out of your frigging mind with the trade for Cliff Lee crap. He is exactly the type of player the Angels need to avoid. Soon to be 35, over $75 million left on his contract. The Angels need cost effective pitching not salary cap killers.

Cliff Lee is 34 (will be 35 at the end of August) and he is in the second year of a five-year $120M contract. No thanks.

He also has a $27.5M vesting option for 2016 with a $12.5M buyout. The buyout option is guaranteed if he pitches 200 innings in 2015 or 400 innings in 2014-15.

+1 to no on Cliff Lee

Why can't we ever develop, and hold on to, a good lefty starter. 

Who was the last good lefty we developed and held on to, who was good? 

The only one I can think of over the past two decades is Jarrod Washburn. Finley was called up in the 2nd half of 1986, which is much more than two decades ago.   Abbott was first called up to start 1989.

That is NOT a good record!

This would require the Angels to make solid evaluations of pitching talent.  Not their strong suit.