• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Cubs @ Angels (3/25/23): Bachman on the mound, 12pm Pacific start time

Bachman's stuff is really good.  Just has to develop that consistency.  He and Joyce both.  I think Joyce is definitely a reliever.  He seems a bit volatile to me whereas I could totally see Bachman as a starter even though I think he'd help the major league club in the pen very soon.  

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, I think they've got to use Moore in low-leverage or blowout situations early in the season until he works through whatever he's going through.

he's had all spring and clearly hasn't figured it out as of yet.  I agree you can't have him out there in a one run game and you definitely can't bring him in with runner on.  

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Seems the Angels saved their worst for last...  Not the best end to the Cactus League.

Moore derailed this game.  Not a great optic from a guy who is supposed to be a key component to the success of the pen this year.  Literally looked like it was the first time he's had to deal with the pitch clock.  

A bit of that could be on Thaiss btw.  They might be better off going to manual signs when Moore is in there.  

1 minute ago, Docwaukee said:

Moore derailed this game.  Not a great optic from a guy who is supposed to be a key component to the success of the pen this year.  Literally looked like it was the first time he's had to deal with the pitch clock.  

A bit of that could be on Thaiss btw.  They might be better off going to manual signs when Moore is in there.  

Catcher could just yell THROW IT NOW!!!!  Might even distract the hitter a little.  

22 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, I think they've got to use Moore in low-leverage or blowout situations early in the season until he works through whatever he's going through.

If he’s playing that bad why even have him on the roster? I want this team to win now and not settle for guys “figuring things out”. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

If he’s playing that bad why even have him on the roster? I want this team to win now and not settle for guys “figuring things out”. 

Because they're paying him $7.5M this season?  You can't send him down and they're not just going to flush that much $ down the toilet before the season starts.