Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Cubs @ Angels (3/25/23): Bachman on the mound, 12pm Pacific start time


Recommended Posts

Bachman's stuff is really good.  Just has to develop that consistency.  He and Joyce both.  I think Joyce is definitely a reliever.  He seems a bit volatile to me whereas I could totally see Bachman as a starter even though I think he'd help the major league club in the pen very soon.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, I think they've got to use Moore in low-leverage or blowout situations early in the season until he works through whatever he's going through.

he's had all spring and clearly hasn't figured it out as of yet.  I agree you can't have him out there in a one run game and you definitely can't bring him in with runner on.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Seems the Angels saved their worst for last...  Not the best end to the Cactus League.

Moore derailed this game.  Not a great optic from a guy who is supposed to be a key component to the success of the pen this year.  Literally looked like it was the first time he's had to deal with the pitch clock.  

A bit of that could be on Thaiss btw.  They might be better off going to manual signs when Moore is in there.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Docwaukee said:

Moore derailed this game.  Not a great optic from a guy who is supposed to be a key component to the success of the pen this year.  Literally looked like it was the first time he's had to deal with the pitch clock.  

A bit of that could be on Thaiss btw.  They might be better off going to manual signs when Moore is in there.  

Catcher could just yell THROW IT NOW!!!!  Might even distract the hitter a little.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, I think they've got to use Moore in low-leverage or blowout situations early in the season until he works through whatever he's going through.

If he’s playing that bad why even have him on the roster? I want this team to win now and not settle for guys “figuring things out”. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

If he’s playing that bad why even have him on the roster? I want this team to win now and not settle for guys “figuring things out”. 

Because they're paying him $7.5M this season?  You can't send him down and they're not just going to flush that much $ down the toilet before the season starts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...