• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Countdown to opening day

Erstad Grit

As expected, the soap opera around Ohtani dominates any discussion about the Angels in much of the media. 

The presumption is that the Angels are barely in the mix of bidding teams. Every conceivable critical angle is being played. From Ohtani's friendship and trust with Eppler to how the Dodgers are clearing money for a bid. And all sorts of other bits of gossip and conjecture.

Kind of annoying when a new season is about to start and everything is reset to square one of the pennant race. 

It seems that only a catastrophic injury or unexpected slump will cool the distracting attention on Ohtani. 

The Yankees were able to finesse a deal with Judge after he was the MVP and big free agent story. But they are a vastly different economic market and ownership set up. 

Hopefully the team fulfills highest expectations and does well without extreme  dependence on Ohtani. In the long run, the team already has their franchise player in Trout. I can't see them being able to afford to keep Ohtani without messing up the rest of the roster. And we've seen even the two best players alone haven't even led the team to a winning season. 

It will be a real emotional roller coaster this season. But I'm glad I was able to see Ohtani, Trout and even Pujols in person in the same lineup a couple of times. The last Angels game I attended in SoCal was Skaggs last start. 

1 hour ago, Duren, Duren said:

As expected, the soap opera around Ohtani dominates any discussion about the Angels in much of the media. 

The presumption is that the Angels are barely in the mix of bidding teams. Every conceivable critical angle is being played. From Ohtani's friendship and trust with Eppler to how the Dodgers are clearing money for a bid. And all sorts of other bits of gossip and conjecture.

Kind of annoying when a new season is about to start and everything is reset to square one of the pennant race. 

It seems that only a catastrophic injury or unexpected slump will cool the distracting attention on Ohtani. 

The Yankees were able to finesse a deal with Judge after he was the MVP and big free agent story. But they are a vastly different economic market and ownership set up. 

Hopefully the team fulfills highest expectations and does well without extreme  dependence on Ohtani. In the long run, the team already has their franchise player in Trout. I can't see them being able to afford to keep Ohtani without messing up the rest of the roster. And we've seen even the two best players alone haven't even led the team to a winning season. 

It will be a real emotional roller coaster this season. But I'm glad I was able to see Ohtani, Trout and even Pujols in person in the same lineup a couple of times. The last Angels game I attended in SoCal was Skaggs last start. 

Sir, this is a Wendy's.