• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani Blah blah but more importantly an injury update.

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

This would be good if those were electrodes that zap him every time he goes after a slider in the dirt. 

And let’s give him cataract surgery and insert lens’ so he can see 10-10.  As opposed to 20-20.

Edited by Revad

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Astros implement something like this.

Behavior modification is a part of everything.  Perhaps we should discuss the placement of the electrodes, I have some thoughts on that.  If necessary we can consult with Bauer.  A little electricity, properly administered, is part of the game.

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I hate to be a downer but we should note that 7-6 with a 4.75 ERA would actually qualify as a breakout for him.

He had a 3.99 ERA in his best season, so I don’t know how you could say a 4.75 ERA “would qualify as a breakout for him.” 

20 minutes ago, Trendon said:

He had a 3.99 ERA in his best season, so I don’t know how you could say a 4.75 ERA “would qualify as a breakout for him.” 

Uh because he pitched in 11 games that year and won 2 games that year?

So him going 7-6 with a 4.75 era would be easily his best overall year.  Easily.

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Uh because he pitched in 11 games that year and won 2 games that year?

So him going 7-6 with a 4.75 era would be easily his best overall year.  Easily.

You’re seriously evaluating pitchers by W-L records in 2023?

A 4.75 ERA would be his 3rd best ERA for a full season behind 2019 (4.58) and 2020 (3.99).

10 minutes ago, Trendon said:

You’re seriously evaluating pitchers by W-L records in 2023?

A 4.75 ERA would be his 3rd best ERA for a full season behind 2019 (4.58) and 2020 (3.99).

56 innings was a full season?

But regardless, you either got the point or you didn’t.

You didn’t.

The bar for a “breakout year” for Canning is extremely low.  Is that language easier to understand?

37 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

But regardless, you either got the point or you didn’t.

You didn’t.

The bar for a “breakout year” for Canning is extremely low.  Is that language easier to understand?

Then use innings. Wins is a meaningless stat, and the way you framed it implied you saw wins as the definitive metric for evaluating Canning's past seasons.

44 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

It was in 2020, when he made 11 starts in a 60 game season.

44 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don’t think Canning needs a “breakout year.”  He just needs a “healthy year.”

My point was that a 4.75 ERA isn’t a “breakout year” if his career ERA is better than that. But I understand that there’s a low bar set for him.

13 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Then use innings. Wins is a meaningless stat, and the way you framed it implied you saw wins as the definitive metric for evaluating Canning's past seasons.

No sorry that’s silly.  I sImply used simple language to make a point.  How many innings and starts do YOU think Canning would have to log to end up with a 7-6 record?  Make yourself answer that question.  If you use your brain, the language I used (throwing out a win/loss record and era) was just fine.

16 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

No sorry that’s silly.  I sImply used simple language to make a point.  How many innings and starts do YOU think Canning would have to log to end up with a 7-6 record?  Make yourself answer that question.  If you use your brain, the language I used (throwing out a win/loss record and era) was just fine.

No, it really isn't. 

You can knock off the self-righteous bullshit. You made a stupid "point" and were called out for it. Own up to it instead of doubling down and trying to make it seem like you're "simplifying" things because you're smarter than everyone else. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

No, it really isn't. 

You can knock off the self-righteous bullshit. You made a stupid "point" and were called out for it. Own up to it instead of doubling down and trying to make it seem like you're "simplifying" things because you're smarter than everyone else. 

Fuck off.  I merely made the point that what would qualify as a breakout year for Canning might not be all that exciting.

If you don’t like my content or style, re-read the first couple of words.

You don’t own the place.

21 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Lol. Someone is salty today. It's pretty simple: Using wins makes it sound like you're old school. The implication that it implies how much time he played as if that was your main point feels like a logical stretch, but maybe we just use our brains differently. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Pancake Bear said:

Lol. Someone is salty today. It's pretty simple: Using wins makes it sound like you're old school. The implication that it implies how much time he played as if that was your main point feels like a logical stretch, but maybe we just use our brains differently. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I am not old school or new school.  I just defaulted to a common language to make a simple point.  It’s not any more complicated than that.

I picked 7-6 to represent a decent amount of decisions rather than picking a quantity of innings pitched.

No I don’t think wins and losses are a great way to measure pitchers.

And the salty language is just a product of. . . There are a couple of posters that have little boners to come at me over literally everything because they do t like my co tent or style.

And at some point that’s just their problem.  They are re fee to use the ignore button.

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You don't have to admit you're wrong but continuing to be wrong shouldn't be on your to do list. 

Wrong about what Blarg?  You give me the likely meaningful stats of Canning ending up 7-6 with a 4.75 era and then try to make a presentation that it would not be his best year.

Go ahead.  Let’s see it.

47 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Fuck off.  I merely made the point that what would qualify as a breakout year for Canning might not be all that exciting.

If you don’t like my content or style, re-read the first couple of words.

You don’t own the place.

You sound angry. Maybe take a night off from the forum?

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Wrong about what Blarg?  You give me the likely meaningful stats of Canning ending up 7-6 with a 4.75 era and then try to make a presentation that it would not be his best year.

Go ahead.  Let’s see it.

You entire line of thought from first statement on. But please continue, it's a slow news day so something has to fill the pages here.