• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani Blah blah but more importantly an injury update.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/35589301/shohei-ohtani-set-wbc-japan-angels-future-murky

Minasian said first baseman Jared Walsh and pitchers Griffin Canning and Chris Rodriguez will be ready to go for an essentially normal spring training after missing much of 2022 due to injuries. The GM also confirmed the Angels are still looking for bullpen additions, and they haven't decided on the identity of their sixth starter in the rotation around Ohtani.

32 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

they haven't decided on the identity of their sixth starter in the rotation

Me reading this in 1985: "Yeah makes sense, we can get a competition going among a few guys for that spot in spring training.":

Me reading this in 2023: "Wait, what?  Do you mean that...uh...hmm..."

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/35589301/shohei-ohtani-set-wbc-japan-angels-future-murky

Minasian said first baseman Jared Walsh and pitchers Griffin Canning and Chris Rodriguez will be ready to go for an essentially normal spring training after missing much of 2022 due to injuries. The GM also confirmed the Angels are still looking for bullpen additions, and they haven't decided on the identity of their sixth starter in the rotation around Ohtani.

I don't know why, but my first thought was that they're done looking externally.  

3 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

I don't know why, but my first thought was that they're done looking externally.  

I don’t why you’d think that, since he’s said that they aren’t done looking externally.

Edited by Trendon

8 minutes ago, wopphil said:

It doesn’t make a lot of sense to grab another starter at this point. The only options - a guy like Wacha, for example - won’t move the needle much beyond the internal options. The money would be better spent on getting two of the available pen arms. 

Completely agree. Get Fulmer and Chafin/Britton/Moore. Let Canning and Silseth get those 16-20 starts. The only value (which is big) that a guy like Wacha provides is insurance for injury. I’d rather have Wacha and Canning starting than Silseth and Canning starting in case one of our starters are injured which at some point this season we should expect. 

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Completely agree. Get Fulmer and Chafin/Britton/Moore. Let Canning and Silseth get those 16-20 starts. The only value (which is big) that a guy like Wacha provides is insurance for injury. I’d rather have Wacha and Canning starting than Silseth and Canning starting in case one of our starters are injured which at some point this season we should expect. 

The BP help very soon

11 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

It doesn't say which Spring Training.

12 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Minasian said first baseman Jared Walsh and pitchers Griffin Canning and Chris Rodriguez will be ready to go for an essentially normal spring training after missing much of 2022 due to injuries; Rodriguez will be shut down for the season by mid-May, Canning sometime in June. The GM also confirmed the Angels are still looking for bullpen additions, and they haven't decided on the identity of their sixth starter in the rotation around Ohtani.

Fixed.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

They haven’t decided the identity of the 6th starter in the rotation . 

I don’t see it as a true 6 man rotation, at least not this year.  Canning and Silseth will get a chance at that 6 th spot- it won’t be a single guy, and then injuries.  We’ll see Bush and others make some starts.  It’s going to be fun.

On 2/4/2023 at 10:24 PM, Inside Pitch said:

Man if all three of these guys are 100% healthy and can STAY HEALTHY over the course of the entire 2023 season, lookout!