• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign three-year jersey ad deal with Foundation Building Materials

mmc

22 minutes ago, mmc said:

3 year deal per Bollinger

Interesting. Red Sox did a 10-year one.  Can't find a ton of specifics about the lengths of the other ones that have been announced, but this seems like it would be on the shorter end of the spectrum for this type of thing, maybe? (Lakers' deal with Bibigo was 5 years. )

This article says that MLB told teams to do deals for a minimum of three years.  Also says the market for patch sponsorships is soft, so I'm not sure how to reconcile that with the claims of the Angels having 100 offers and a few other teams announcing deals, too.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/SB-Blogs/Newsletter-Marketing/2023/02/01/patches2.aspx

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

This article says that MLB told teams to do deals for a minimum of three years.  Also says the market for patch sponsorships is soft, so I'm not sure how to reconcile that with the claims of the Angels having 100 offers and a few other teams announcing deals, too.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/SB-Blogs/Newsletter-Marketing/2023/02/01/patches2.aspx

There's no way they had 100 offers.

10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

There's no way they had 100 offers.

5 minutes ago, mmc said:

The article didn’t say they had 100 offers, just that “more than 100 companies showed initial interest”

Yep, my bad. 100 expressed interest, then the Angels narrowed it down to 20 after a couple months. 

I'm curious to see how many other deals are for the three-year minimum, just to get some additional context for how this one stacks up. 

On 2/2/2023 at 9:24 PM, UndertheHalo said:

I’m not buying any jersey ever with an advertisement.  I will not humiliate myself like the Europeans. 

I’ve come across uniform purists on social media. These are the guys that buy a new MLB hat and take a razor blade to the New Era logo over the left ear.

The hat logo doesn’t bother me but I’m with you on the uniform logo. I’d take a razor blade to it as soon as I got home. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

I’ve come across uniform purists on social media. These are the guys that buy a new MLB hat and take a razor blade to the New Era logo over the left ear.

The hat logo doesn’t bother me but I’m with you on the uniform logo. I’d take a razor blade to it as soon as I got home. 

They just suck.  

• 1 month later...