• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Now that Arte is Staying

Stradling

What’s your list of things he must do for you to be ok with his decision not to sell?

Fire Carpino, bring in PBO with track record of success. 

Extend Ohtani

Finish the off season with a couple of bullpen moves

Increase minor league budget so we stop hearing stories about us being cheap 

43 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

1 - Throw more money at the scouting and development departments.
2 - Throw more money at the analytics department
3 - Allow his GM to GM and make any and all baseball decisions.
4 - Raise beer prices to pay for the above.

The only issue with those things is we won’t have any instant gratification that “he gets it now” because those things won’t be publicized. And with the recent additions he’s made from Driveline you can squint and say they are adopting more analytics. 

Just now, Stradling said:

Ok so it’ll take years before you’re happy with his decision not to sell?  

Honestly, probably. 
I totally agree with what you guys have said above, but what it boils down to is getting Trout in the damn playoffs at this point.
To me, i'm just looking at the final outcome we all want.

I'm just getting tired of waiting.

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The only issue with those things is we won’t have any instant gratification that “he gets it now” because those things won’t be publicized. And with the recent additions he’s made from Driveline you can squint and say they are adopting more analytics. 

Instant gratification is what got the Angels into this mess.  

He should take a camera around and show people that he’s not being a cartoon villain about things like scouting.  Hire a lot of scouts and development guys.  Also.  Extend Ohtani now. If he extends Ohtani I’m fine giving him a lot more runway to stop being shitty at owning a baseball team.  Arte can grow!

1 minute ago, T.G. said:

I don't understand the obsession with the PBO title.  Who cares what they're called, so long as they get the job done right?

I'm with you on this.   If they had named Perry PBO and made Tamin the GM would it suddenly make for a better situation?  If a guy like Theo were become available or Dombrowski (who everyone here shit on), then yeah -- you're getting someone that's proven they can build and win.  But bringing someone in for the sake of having someone wear the title is whatever.

1 minute ago, T.G. said:

I don't understand the obsession with the PBO title.  Who cares what they're called, so long as they get the job done right?

I don’t care about the title but if he brought in Theo Epstein or someone like him it would require a title like that. Also I like Minasian, I just want Carpino replaced and I’d assume the next one to have his role would probably have the title PBO. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I mean instant gratification as it relates to a process. Or instant gratification as he had an aha moment. 

Instant gratification as in putting everything into the MLB team and ignoring the foundation.  The complete opposite of what Bill Stoneman did to get the Angels out of the second division and into perennial contender status.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm with you on this.   If they had named Perry PBO and made Tamin the GM would it suddenly make for a better situation?  If a guy like Theo were become available or Dombrowski (who everyone here shit on), then yeah -- you're getting someone that's proven they can build and win.  But bringing someone in for the sake of having someone wear the title is whatever.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I don’t care about the title but if he brought in Theo Epstein or someone like him it would require a title like that. Also I like Minasian, I just want Carpino replaced and I’d assume the next one to have his role would probably have the title PBO. 

6 in one hand half a dozen in the other. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I just want Carpino replaced and I’d assume the next one to have his role would probably have the title PBO. 

I don't even know what that guy does but F-that guy.  Maybe he was Arte's fantasy baseball league manager but what exactly does he bring to the table or actually oversee.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

I don't even know what that guy does but F-that guy.  Maybe he was Arte's fantasy baseball league manager but what exactly does he bring to the table or actually oversee.

I don’t know but I got some pretty great seats from him and a Calhoun autographed bat.