Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

IGNORED

Are you BIG MAD that Arte is keeping the team?


BIG MAD Pole  

80 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you BIG MAD that Arte is keeping the team?



Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ukyah said:

arte is the ultimate buttercup. it's an ongoing angel joke, but it actually happens.

I’m speechless this morning.  There’s this old joke:  why are hitting your head on the wall?  I’m doing it make to my elbow feel better.

Edited by Revad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TempeAngel said:

I think if you are "big mad" you should check yourself.

Find a hobby that will keep you busy, maybe take up pickleball..

Isn't following the Angels a hobby?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why would anyone be mad?  He paid the money to buy the team in the first place.  

There is nothing wrong with this team that a season's worth of good health can't fix.  

The Angels right now are a lot more offensive minded than they were at this point a year ago, and Arte is the one that approved the increases in the ML payroll.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Why would anyone be mad?  He paid the money to buy the team in the first place.  

There is nothing wrong with this team that a season's worth of good health can't fix.  

The Angels right now are a lot more offensive minded than they were at this point a year ago, and Arte is the one that approved the increases in the ML payroll.  

I agree. If the Angels stay relatively healthy they will be playing meaningful games in September.

Arte increased the payroll and Minasian has done a nice job in the offseason.

Big mad makes no sense to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, TempeAngel said:

I agree. If the Angels stay relatively healthy they will be playing meaningful games in September.

Arte increased the payroll and Minasian has done a nice job in the offseason.

Big mad makes no sense to me.

Signed, Carol Moreno and Terry Minasian

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Then what is it?

I guess it depends on how much time a person puts into "following the Angels." For me it's definitely not a hobby because I put very little time into it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

I guess it depends on how much time a person puts into "following the Angels." For me it's definitely not a hobby because I put very little time into it.

 

Okay

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Jay said:

I guess it depends on how much time a person puts into "following the Angels." For me it's definitely not a hobby because I put very little time into it.

 

16,000+ posts on a message board about the Angels.  That's an interesting way to look at putting "very little time" into something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

16,000+ posts on a message board about the Angels.  That's an interesting way to look at putting "very little time" into something.

That's 4.4 posts per day.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coming back to this, admittedly I was disappointed but I'm also in wait and see mode before I get into overreaction, uber upset mode like most of the fanbase. 

I guess I'm hoping that something like this happened. 

Someone in PR during one of their internal meetings filled Arte in on all the hate & vitriol the fans have of him and after receiving that feedback and sleeping on it, he didn't want to leave a legacy of failure here since he himself is a fan of baseball and the Angels obviously.

Maybe he realized he needs to go out with a bang and win a championship before he's passes the torch to another ownership group so that he can retire comfortably with 2+ billion $$ but even more rewarding, he can look back as a winner and someone who didn't quit, bringing a World Championship back to Anaheim for the fans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Coming back to this, admittedly I was disappointed but I'm also in wait and see mode before I get into overreaction, uber upset mode like most of the fanbase. 

I guess I'm hoping that something like this happened. 

Someone in PR during one of their internal meetings filled Arte in on all the hate & vitriol the fans have of him and after receiving that feedback and sleeping on it, he didn't want to leave a legacy of failure here since he himself is a fan of baseball and the Angels obviously.

Maybe he realized he needs to go out with a bang and win a championship before he's passes the torch to another ownership group so that he can retire comfortably with 2+ billion $$ but even more rewarding, he can look back as a winner and someone who didn't quit, bringing a World Championship back to Anaheim for the fans. 

It would be nice if he tried to demonstrate that by signing Ohtani to an extension and blowing through the luxury tax limit for a few years. Most consistent contenders in recent years have paid it at some stage, so with an expensive Rendon on the books if he wants to contend he's going to have to pay it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Someone in PR during one of their internal meetings filled Arte in on all the hate & vitriol the fans have of him and after receiving that feedback and sleeping on it, he didn't want to leave a legacy of failure here since he himself is a fan of baseball and the Angels obviously.

I doubt Arte listens to anyone in PR.

And if he did, he'd surely be hearing about the negative PR that's coming as a result of him coming back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I doubt Arte listens to anyone in PR.

And if he did, he'd surely be hearing about the negative PR that's coming as a result of him coming back.

I doubt he listened or was even approached by PR before.. The entire PR department has been dogshit since Tim Mead left IMO. Tim Mead would have told him though. I know that for a fact. 

He hasn't talked to the media since Tim to the Baseball Hall of Fame, then later retired. 

Anyhow, I bet a TON was uncovered during the sale process and he found out a lot about the fans, their disdain for him and because of that and among other things I noted he felt compelled to give this a shot at bringing a Championship to Anaheim. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...