• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Things You’d Like to See Under New Ownership

BTH

Besides the obvious: a winning team that perennially makes the playoffs and wins World Series titles.

I’ll start with a couple things:

• Top down investment in the organization, starting with a President of Baseball Operations being given a huge budget and full autonomy over baseball operations.

• Bring back a version of these full time:

1E905CBA-D6D1-4172-B7FD-18B0DB1D477C.jpeg

5 hours ago, Docwaukee said:
  • A single unified philosophy from top to bottom.  
  • No limits on collecting smart people at any level of the org.  
  • a proper marriage of analytics and conventional scouting
  • Keep Ohtani but winning take precedent over star power.   
  • Reasonable budget flexibility
  • not a semblance of the pennywise pound foolish mentality
  • Build teams on a yearly with the future in mind.  Don't constantly live year to year.  
  • Appropriate resources at all levels without sacrificing the lower levels for short term gain at the major league level

In truth, I think that's probably the most important part, and why some organizations are as successful as they are.

We got hints of the discord last year between Maddon and Minasian, and how having that conflict led to significant player development related issues, as they had different visions of how players should utilize information to make adjustments.  I think that is why Maddon was fired instead of simply just waiting for the end of his contract - I think that discrepancy between the two was too great.

So on that note, I'd really hope to see that unified approach moving forward.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

I really want to see a focus on scouting, drafting and development of future talent. The idea that the team can fill needs via free agency has not been working. With that said, the org will have to be able to spend the money to retain these same players when the that time comes. 

This

Only sign the best of your own players to the bigger contracts, no more out of house big money FAs.

1. Re-sign Ohtani. No Matter What.

2. Retire #14, #15, & #16. Maybe even #27 (Guerrero). It is crazy that no one from the World Series team has their number retired and the only player in the HOF with an Angels hat doesn't have their number retired.

3. Take care of the minor league situation - Arte has a terrible reputation for treatment of the minor league players and this seems pretty crazy for a guy with as much money as he has.

4. Make a switch to the uniforms. The Los Angeles part of the name doesn't bug me, but either switching to the retro California Angels or making the City Connect uni's the standard.

12 hours ago, Docwaukee said:
  • A single unified philosophy from top to bottom.  
  • No limits on collecting smart people at any level of the org.  
  • a proper marriage of analytics and conventional scouting
  • Keep Ohtani but winning take precedent over star power.   
  • Reasonable budget flexibility
  • not a semblance of the pennywise pound foolish mentality
  • Build teams on a yearly with the future in mind.  Don't constantly live year to year.  
  • Appropriate resources at all levels without sacrificing the lower levels for short term gain at the major league level

All of the above and also resolving all the Stadium issues. 

39 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Focus on draft and develop - Check (pitchers in 2021, Rest of positions in 2022)

Give the GM the power to hire his own manager  - Check (Nevin)

Use free agency to supplement a team, not to build a team. - Check (Renfroe etc.)

Have the budget to fill holes in free agency, when the rest of the team is in place. - Check (exceeded $200m)

Stay out of the headlines in a negative way. - Check (no negative headlines)

FIFY

I'd like this team get its swagger back and to be the lead sports story in the local news for what they've done on the field and not off of it. 

And...

See this team play meaningful games in September and October which would make them relevant again. 

Have Angels games be the hottest ticket in town and a stadium full of fans wearing red every night. 

See Jered Weaver inducted into the Angels HOF and Tim Salmon and Garrett Anderson's numbers retired. 

I'd like them to put a first rate broadcast team together and be the featured game on Sunday Night baseball frequently.

I want Shohei Ohtani to join Mike Trout as a life-long Angel. 

I just want Angels baseball to be fun again.