• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

No mo' DOMA.

Again, I think that's a separate issue (and one that I agree with).  Government shouldn't be in the marriage business.  

Put that aside, though, and then ask yourself how you feel about gay marriage.  

i love how the fundraiser in chief took the political capital opportinity to call the couple involved?  yeah theres no hidden agenda there, lol

aside from that this is no shock to anyone as it is clearly a violation of rights to shove the conservative views of the religious right down the throats of others.... personally i think the religious right should STFU til they stop molesting young boys.. might carry some weight then

I say we should have our first Angelswin gay marriage. I'm a Church of Life minister and can officiate. Glen and Adam?

Seriously though, I very much agree with Glen here. Separate the two issues; as long as marriage has legal ramifications then gay marriage is a civil rights issue, and taking a stand against gay marriage is being against equal rights for gays.

Now if you want to argue that marriage should be solely religious and have no legal ramifications, fine. But that should apply to everyone, not just gay people. So first we get everyone on the same playing field and then we can talk about what legal elements marriage should and should not have.

The problem is how much marriage is ingrained in our laws.

There are tax laws

Property division

Insurance coverage

Retirement

Etc.

I agree that the government should stay out of as much social issues as possible.  My problem with the whole marriage thing is it was treated as a religious thing.  As everyone here knows, that really boils my blood.

I say we should have our first Angelswin gay marriage. I'm a Church of Life minister and can officiate. Glen and Adam?

Seriously though, I very much agree with Glen here. Separate the two issues; as long as marriage has legal ramifications then gay marriage is a civil rights issue, and taking a stand against gay marriage is being against equal rights for gays.

Now if you want to argue that marriage should be solely religious and have no legal ramifications, fine. But that should apply to everyone, not just gay people. So first we get everyone on the same playing field and then we can talk about what legal elements marriage should and should not have.

You agreed with me, Adam didn't.  If I'm gettin' gay married to somebody on this board I'm looking in your direction.

So the agnostic left are ok keep their agenda going while molesting young boys?

Man, if I had a dollar for every story I read or heard about agnostics in some sort of official capacity molesting young boys, I could get a big bag of nothing.  

Less than a year before the first lawsuit happens to a church who won't marry a gay couple.

Yeah, this is a big concern of mine, too.

Hopefully there is some kind of legal provision included that doesn't require churches to accept something that goes against their beliefs, or hold them in legal contempt for refusing to participate in gay marriage ceremonies or allow their churches to be used.

I ask in all seriousness (because I'm too lazy to actually google it): has this been a problem in states that have had legal gay marriage?  Have there been lawsuits against churches that don't do it?  

you think church's should be forced to do so?

No way. Not at all.

I feel just the opposite.

It's just that I don't feel that the possibility and likelihood of such lawsuits have anything to do with whether or not "gay marriage" should be something that is recognized by the government in a scenario where marriage is a legal institution under the umbrella of the government.

Can't have one without the other.  As you know, it's been my only concern from the beginning of this.  

This is why I felt so strongly that the legal contract portion of a marriage and the ceremonial portion of a marriage should be separated.  

This is what I always thought. Draw up some articles for domestic partnership that all parties can agree on then call it marriage, civil union, pact with Satan, whatever makes you happy. My biggest concern is that acceptable conditions exist for any children brought into the arrangement.

So, does this mean we'll see an increase in earthquakes and hurricanes now?

I don't see where Flop's belief, that there's no moral basis for being a proponent of gay marriage, will cause an increase in earthquakes and hurricanes. 

Can't have one without the other.  As you know, it's been my only concern from the beginning of this.  

This is why I felt so strongly that the legal contract portion of a marriage and the ceremonial portion of a marriage should be separated.

Why would gays seek to get married where they know they are despised?

Last I checked, there wasn't a stampede of blacks looking to join the Klan after the Civi Rights Act passed.

i dont se a lot of the agnostioc left shoving their morality down our throats... but if they were im sure you can guess the answer

But they are. Regardless of which side you stand on the issue it is all about a belief system based on morals. And the left have shoved so hard they got what they wanted. Just because you may agree with the ruling doesn't mean it wasn't forced upon others that don't.