• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stop being an enigma Richards!

Last time I called an Angels player an enigma was at Angel Stadium. I was talking to a random dude that was sitting near me in the lower level section. Brandon Wood was at-bat and I called him an enigma. Random fan was a good friend of Brandon. Dude shrugged his shoulders and shared insight into how the team developed him.

This was in the Walks are a False Stat era.

Last time I called an Angels player an enigma was at Angel Stadium. I was talking to a random dude that was sitting near me in the lower level section. Brandon Wood was at-bat and I called him an enigma. Random fan was a good friend of Brandon. Dude shrugged his shoulders and shared insight into how the team developed him.

This was in the Walks are a False Stat era.

who knows if wood was ever really cut out for it. That said, I've always wondered if its in the minors where we screw up (oppossed to simply pointing the finger at the front office)

Believe me, I know not hard to, I've thought about the development coaches on the farm.

There's something about this that yells out a total cluster bunch on the farm. The wrong players too often being scouted and signed, and then developed by the wrong coaches. Lack of foreign signings the past several years just makes it even worse.

This org has been a Frank Lloyd WRONG throughout this decade. The only right things seemingly have been the new tv deal, of course Trout, until 2013, Weaver, and a few feel good things mixed in.

Richards is being asked to cut his teeth out of the pen.  It works for some guys yet clearly not for him.  Richards has Josh Hamilton syndrome where he doesn't remember the last pitch and how the knowledge of such might help for the next one.  They move him to the pen out of the necessity of needing late inning contributions from a guy with good stuff.  It's not working. 

The season is pretty much lost.  Move him back to the rotation and let him develop properly. 

Santana was year to year normally, and not up and down with every start. Ortiz is the one pitcher similar to Richards.

Actually, even in his good years, Santana mixed in plenty of bad starts. He, like Ortiz had great stuff but were complete head cases that never succeeded to the level their stuff suggested they should. It's much too early to jump to that conclusion with Richards. There have been control and consistency issues with Richards even before this season. When he's on, he's very good. When he's not, he's very hittable. 

yep.  The repeatability of his delivery seems to be an issue.  That's why it seems starting will help his development. 

I really don't think starting is the answer or that coming out of the pen is causing the issue or thwarting his development. l

Richards is being asked to cut his teeth out of the pen.  It works for some guys yet clearly not for him.  Richards has Josh Hamilton syndrome where he doesn't remember the last pitch and how the knowledge of such might help for the next one.  They move him to the pen out of the necessity of needing late inning contributions from a guy with good stuff.  It's not working. 

The season is pretty much lost.  Move him back to the rotation and let him develop properly. 

I'm hoping they pull the plug on contending soon and do just that....