• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brian Cashman to Aroid: "Shut the f*** up"

nate

This just cements by beliefs in the following:

1. Cashman hates A-Rod.  Never really wanted to sign him and certainly not to a larger contract when he opted out.  Steinbrenner made it happen.
  2. Yankees dont really want A-Rod back but cant come out and publicly state that.  I believe they are hoping A-Rod gets caught in the mess in Miami and somehow, someway his contract can be voided
  3. A-Rod will not be with the Yankees at the end date of his Yankee contract.  He also wont break the all-time HR record.

This just cements by beliefs in the following:

1. Cashman hates A-Rod.  Never really wanted to sign him and certainly not to a larger contract when he opted out.  Steinbrenner made it happen.
  2. Yankees dont really want A-Rod back but cant come out and publicly state that.  I believe they are hoping A-Rod gets caught in the mess in Miami and somehow, someway his contract can be voided
  3. A-Rod will not be with the Yankees at the end date of his Yankee contract.  He also wont break the all-time HR record.

You realize that Arods deal was signed after Georgie stepped down right? 

There's more than one Steinbrenner.

There have been stories written saying cashman wasnt supportive of signing arod

I was listening to some local sports talk radio guys on the way home from work. They said that Cashman's disdain for A-Roid is well known, and the Steinbrenners re-signed him against Cashman's advice.

I grant you that he could have been more diplomatic in what he said, but from the sound of it he was blindsided by the report of the tweet and just lost it.

I believe that NJHalo is dead on. Loose talk like this can compromise the Yankees' situation with contract insurance, and they don't want a washed up overpaid player to ruin everything by going public on his own.

In years past your worst fear was a player confiding too much in a reporter. Today's technology has made all of us de facto authors and broadcasters, and damage can be done a lot more quickly and easily.

Once he's back playing in rehab games, the sources say, he could then claim he is physically unable to perform because of the serious hip injury he is recovering from, "retire" from the game, and still collect the full amount of his salary—$114 million over the next five years.

"It’s all about him getting his money and not losing it to suspension," one source close to the situation told the Daily News. "He knows he’s never going to the Hall of Fame. All that’s left for him is to make sure he gets his money—all of it."

Bleacher report Tim Daniels