• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Winter Meeting Predictions

Fullmer17

phtjklwivdotpnylcg3s.jpeg

Since the Winter Meetings start today, I thought it would be fun to post our predictions. They can be predictions for any team or just based off the Angels. 

Here are my winter meeting predictions:

Judge signs with a mystery team (Mets, Phillies, Braves, Houston)
Mets sign Verlander
Trea Turner signs with Phillies
Angels trade for Scott Barlow and make a decent trade for a shortstop (Joey Wendle)
Padres sign Syndergaard 
Houston signs Cody Bellinger 
Brandon Nimmo signs with Toronto

And the big surprise is that the Padres trade Tatis Jr to the Baltimore orioles for Gunnar Henderson, Colton Cowser and two pitching prospects. 

11 minutes ago, Fullmer17 said:

Since the Winter Meetings start today, I thought it would be fun to post our predictions. They can be predictions for any team or just based off the Angels. 

Here are my winter meeting predictions:

Judge signs with a mystery team (Mets, Phillies, Braves, Houston)
Mets sign Verlander
Trea Turner signs with Phillies
Angels trade for Scott Barlow and make a decent trade for a shortstop (Joey Wendle)
Padres sign Syndergaard 
Houston signs Cody Bellinger 
Brandon Nimmo signs with Toronto

And the big surprise is that the Padres trade Tatis Jr to the Baltimore orioles for Gunnar Henderson, Colton Cowser and two pitching prospects. 

I like Barlow, Judge signs with Yanks, Giants sign Benintendi, Padre's sign Trea Turner, Kim traded to halos for Walsh, Dodgers sign Turner (Justin), Swanson signs with Dodgers, Angel's sign Lorenzen at a Del Taco in San Diego,

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Judge- SF

Verlander- Mets

Rodon- Mets

Correa- Yankees

Trea- Philly

Xander- Dodgers

Swanson- Angels

Nimmo- Blue Jays

Contreras- Houston

I play fantasy baseball with a family member of Aaron Judge and he has said for years he's wanted to come home. SF would definitely be that homecoming. I take that with a grain of salt though, when teams start offering hundreds of millions, geography sometimes goes out the window.

5 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I play fantasy baseball with a family member of Aaron Judge and he has said for years he's wanted to come home. SF would definitely be that homecoming. I take that with a grain of salt though, when teams start offering hundreds of millions, geography sometimes goes out the window.

It’s going to come down to Yankees and Giants. As we’ve seen with Texas there are teams willing to go to stupid lengths to secure a player. 

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Judge- SF

Verlander- Mets

Rodon- Mets

Correa- Yankees

Trea- Philly

Xander- Dodgers

Swanson- Angels

Nimmo- Blue Jays

Contreras- Houston

I agree with most of this, although I think Xander re-signs with the Red Sox and Swanson with the Cubs.  Otherwise, I share the same predictions.

2 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Which SS ends up with halos?

I was saying that it will be any one of the three not named Correa. Turner is the best fit but Swanson is probably the cheapest or Bogarts. I’ve seen these guys be closer to $25M annually and that fits with the budget better than 32 or 35. 

One of Bogaerts/Turner signs with the Phillies and the other signs with the Padres.

Judge re-signs with the Yankees.

The Giants pivot to Correa after losing out on Judge.

A couple mid-tier SP’s (Bassitt, Eovaldi, Taillon) sign, but none of the big ones (Rodón or Verlander) sign.

There’s a run on relievers.

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

I agree with most of this, although I think Xander re-signs with the Red Sox and Swanson with the Cubs.  Otherwise, I share the same predictions.

i'd be surprised if xander signs with the red sox. they've objectively treated him pretty shitty by offering him one year deals and some other low value contracts. to a player that's pretty insulting, and it's hard to argue in this case. my opinion is that he's not even considering them and i don't think they're trying to resign him. if i'm wrong, then i'm wrong, but that's my sense of it.

16 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

The thing about the Giants signing Judge or Correa, the rest of their lineup sucks. One guy in that lineup isn’t going to make a difference. 

If they get one of those two, I doubt they stop there.

Also, they’ll platoon and get the most out of the players they do have.

12 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i'd be surprised if xander signs with the red sox. they've objectively treated him pretty shitty by offering him one year deals and some other low value contracts. to a player that's pretty insulting, and it's hard to argue in this case. my opinion is that he's not even considering them and i don't think they're trying to resign him. if i'm wrong, then i'm wrong, but that's my sense of it.

I thinks Bogarts ends up with Dodgers as does Verlander

16 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I thinks Bogarts ends up with Dodgers as does Verlander

There are a lot of signs that indicate the Dodgers are going to attempt to stay below the luxury tax threshold this offseason to avoid being a three time luxury tax offender.  They have a pretty easy pathway to do this, too, but they likely aren't going to sign multiple big named players.  I would expect them to sign perhaps one, then use their army of prospects in a trade for whatever other holes they need to fill.

10 minutes ago, Trendon said:

If they get one of those two, I doubt they stop there.

Also, they’ll platoon and get the most out of the players they do have.

They’ll also need to re-sign Carlos Rodon who’s going to seek mega millions in free agency.

I just don’t see how adding one big bat and a bunch of lesser guys is going to move the needle much. 

Their farm system is pretty bad in terms of producing talented position players. 

9 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

They’ll also need to re-sign Carlos Rodon who’s going to seek mega millions in free agency.

I just don’t see how adding one big bat and a bunch of lesser guys is going to move the needle much. 

Their farm system is pretty bad in terms of producing talented position players. 

They probably just sign the next Rodón, like they did with Gausman the previous year.

Their major league development is really good. No one saw them winning 107 games in 2021, but they did. Not saying they’ll be that good, but they could probably figure out a way to make it work if they add one of Correa/Judge and supplement around them.

28 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Do not confuse the Giants of the past with the Zaidi-run Giants.  He is very sharp.  He inherited a team with no minor league system and a ton of overpaid, declining players.  The 2018 Giants were probably in the worst possible shape a team could be in terms of organizational health.  It takes a number of years to overturn that, but he is just about there.  I still have no idea how he won 108 games with the 2021 Giants, but he somehow did. Notably, the Giants don't really have anyone on their payroll beyond this year.  He will have a clean slate to work with, and a farm system that is building up now.

I would not be surprised to see the Giants, very soon, be on par with the Dodgers and better than the Padres.  Just my opinion.