• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

State of the Angels 2023 Payroll

BTH

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Yep. I think Rengifo proved he’s an everyday player moving forward. 

With his .294 OBP? He had one good month with the bat. July. His May was ok. 

He simply doesn't walk enough or hit for high enough average to be considered a full time player. 

We need a .330 OBP minimum, from the middle infield spots.

Edited by Hubs

24 minutes ago, Hubs said:

He simply doesn't walk enough or hit for high enough average to be considered a full time player. 

Rengifo’s lack of OBP last season was concerning, but this gives me hope:

He had a 9.9% BB% in 2019 over two-thirds of a season and a 13.2% BB% in 2020 over half a season.

He also consistently had 9%+ BB% in the minor leagues.

27 minutes ago, Hubs said:

He improved a lot this season and I don't see why that won't continue 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

He improved a lot this season and I don't see why that won't continue 

I see a platoon in his future. 

He hit .315 with a .339 OBP and a .570 SLG against lefties. Fletcher did better against righties. Urshela was pretty even against lefties and righties. If Urshela (or frankly Rendon) played some MINF, then I can see Rengifo losing some AB's against righties.

With a solid everyday SS the team looks much better. 

47 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I see a platoon in his future. 

He hit .315 with a .339 OBP and a .570 SLG against lefties. Fletcher did better against righties. Urshela was pretty even against lefties and righties. If Urshela (or frankly Rendon) played some MINF, then I can see Rengifo losing some AB's against righties.

With a solid everyday SS the team looks much better. 

You could be right about him being in a platoon situation in the future. It's possible that Rengifo has shown his ceiling, but I don't think he has. Up until last season I was really down on him and thought they were wasting their time giving him ABs but he looked much improved to me and showed MLB level abilities for the first time. I assume the everyday 2B will go to either him or Fletcher. I don't want to see any position being filled via a platoon as they need continuity. Like I said earlier, I just think Rengifo has a higher ceiling and more upside at that position. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

You could be right about him being in a platoon situation in the future. It's possible that Rengifo has shown his ceiling, but I don't think he has. Up until last season I was really down on him and thought they were wasting their time giving him ABs but he looked much improved to me and showed MLB level abilities for the first time. I assume the everyday 2B will go to either him or Fletcher. I don't want to see any position being filled via a platoon as they need continuity. Like I said earlier, I just think Rengifo has a higher ceiling and more upside at that position. 

I agree, Rengifo got to play everyday last year. I think he is going to get better. His name always comes up in trade talks and for good reason. 20 to 25 HR this year.

4 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

I agree, Rengifo got to play everyday last year. I think he is going to get better. His name always comes up in trade talks and for good reason. 20 to 25 HR this year.

It's nice to have someone posting positive thoughts.   Most people on here have  a "battered fan" syndrome.

21 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

It's nice to have someone posting positive thoughts.   Most people on here have  a "battered fan" syndrome.

Last season was very up and down but we saw good things at the start and end of it so there is a solid team hidden in there. If they can get some consistency at each position and acquire some major league level depth then they will contend 

Edited by Jason

26 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

5 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

You're one of the worst offenders and your avatar is weak.

Hey everyone!  Did you hear?  I’m a negative fan.  Hahahaha.  

On 11/30/2022 at 6:42 PM, Jason said:

Last season was very up and down but we saw good things at the start and end of it so there is a solid team hidden in there. If they can get some consistency at each position and acquire some major league level depth then they will contend 

Yep, 20-48 in the middle, and otherwise 53-41