• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jo Adell: Has he been given enough time to prove himself?

Torridd

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Should there be more video?  Part of his issue is that Adell is “attention seeking”. I’m guessing it’s much easier to set up a cellphone to capture training videos in the gym in a set area or in a batting cage than it is to set up a cellphone to capture all the running around you’d do fielding left field.  If not it would be a very boring video of him catching fly balls while standing in place. Nevin said himself he’s at the facility 3 times a week.  If there was zero video of him doing anything would you assume the best or the worst?  

You misunderstand me. I love Adell and still think he has tons of potential. If I see no videos, I am assuming the best. It’s him posting workout videos all the time that highlight how athletic he is that frustrate me. Because he’s done that every offseason, and I think fans are really over it. We know how athletic he is and that’s actually part of the frustration. I want this off-season to be different for him. I’m very happy he’s in Tempe, that’s a great decision. 

37 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

You misunderstand me. I love Adell and still think he has tons of potential. If I see no videos, I am assuming the best. It’s him posting workout videos all the time that highlight how athletic he is that frustrate me. Because he’s done that every offseason, and I think fans are really over it. We know how athletic he is and that’s actually part of the frustration. I want this off-season to be different for him. I’m very happy he’s in Tempe, that’s a great decision. 

If you and “fans” are over it, don’t follow him. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You’ll be fine. 

1 minute ago, T.G. said:

Oh the horror!

To be clear, I’m not the one saying it’s an issue.

I’m just pointing out how someone can still stumble upon those Adell videos despite not following him on social media.

I have two words for Jo Adell: Show me. He hasn't yet. This is just an anecdotal impression, but many of the pitchers who have so far made him look foolish came through the minors at the same time he did. They all started at zero and he seems to be still in the starting gate. He supposedly has great power. He does -- every once in a while. Wait for it ... wait for it ... wait for it ... whiff.

I remember seeing all of those NFL tractor tire flips Trout was doing. Didn't think it was smart but I wasn't traumatized by it like some here with Jo Adell doing some verticle leaps. Oh yeah, and last year it was Ohtani lifting 400lbs. The horror. 

1 minute ago, Trendon said:

I don’t.

But if you’re scrolling through Twitter or a forum thread, it’ll pop up without clicking on it.

I wasn't necessarily directing the comment to you. It was a general comment.

And Twitter vids don't play for me unless I click play. 

Lol this has become funny. I don’t follow Adell and saw the video posted 6 times. I want him to not worry about workout videos and just work out, like it’s been reported he is. Sorry that my opinion on that upset you guys. I thought this was the proper place to share it? Perhaps I stumbled into a Wendy’s on accident. 

1 minute ago, ThisismineScios said:

Lol this has become funny. I don’t follow Adell and saw the video posted 6 times. I want him to not worry about workout videos and just work out, like it’s been reported he is. Sorry that my opinion on that upset you guys. I thought this was the proper place to share it? Perhaps I stumbled into a Wendy’s on accident. 

It seems as if those that have a problem with Adell posting workout videos are the ones who are upset.