• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I think we really screwed up with R Iglesias

Erstad Grit

50 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I think Perry is trying to win in the moment. It's why they acquired Iglesias, they thought they could win with him. Perry didn't deal him at the deadline because he wanted to extend him and would thus be in a better position to win. And then Minasian traded him, because he thought the money freed up could be reallocated and put the team in a better position to win. 

Going into last year all the focus was acquiring pitching.  Thats why the Angels used every draft pick on pitching.   No one forsaw the injuries that would plague the team in 2022 which then exposed how thin the Angles were in Big League level position players.  

Going into 2023 its a totally different scenario.

7 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

disagree on this.  Why would you sign a guy to a multi year contract and make that level of commitment only to switch gears 6 months later?  This speaks of discord in the front office of what the plan is/should be and tells us that Minasian wasn't on board with it.  If they routinely treat recently signed free agents as such, it's not a good optic for future people who may have interest.  

Maddon was talking about saving Iglesias for next year in 21.  Pretty clear he wanted his sure thing closer back.  Maybe he knew he'd need to clear payroll but that trade screamed "finally, I'm doing it my way", to me.