• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Hunter Renfroe from the Brewers for Janson Junk, Elvis Peguero, and Adam Seminaris

mmc

The Brewers won 86 games last year. They had the 8th best position player fWAR and 11th best wRC+ in 2022.

Renfroe was their second best hitter and second best overall position player according to Fangraphs (different guy above him for both) despite only playing 125 games. 

This is a very solid move. 

Just now, Pancake Bear said:

The Brewers won 86 games last year. They had the 8th best position player fWAR and 11th best wRC+ in 2022.

Renfroe was their second best hitter and second best overall position player according to Fangraphs (different guy above him for both) despite only playing 125 games. 

This is a very solid move. 

Absolutely.  It means one of Adell or Moniak (likely the former) will be in AAA instead of the MLB, with the other as the 4th OF.  Having at-bats removed from sub-replacement level players and shifted to solid MLB players is a huge upgrade.  This move is probably a 2.5-3 fWAR swing for a very respectable cost of 1 year, ~11mil.  Right after a ~3-4 fWAR swing with the Urshela trade.

These are fantastic moves - helping ameliorate weaknesses with rather modest moves that don't tie up payroll for many years.

44 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

So, updated lineup for now:

2B Rengifo, CF Trout, DH Ohtani, 3B Rendon, RF Ward, 1B Walsh, LF Renfroe, C Stassi, SS Fletcher.  Bench:  C/1B Thaiss, 3B/1B Urshela, IF Soto (?), OF Moniak.

Or something along those lines.

F Stassi… O’Hoppe better see the lions share of the C AB’s…!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm a big Bogaerts fan.   Another guy that murders LHP and his neutral park numbers are solidly good.

It won't happen, but I wouldn't mind if they did sign him.

You’d have to think he’s going to be the third highest paid SS on the open market after Turner & Correa and maybe get as much as Swanson. 

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

I think Perry is trading for players that teams want to cut payroll. Do not want to pay that player money he will get in arbitration. Amed Rosario SS for Cleveland could fall into category.

That's my hope!  Rosario would be the one I'd go for.  Guardians very aggressively cut payroll all the time, so it's possible, albeit not likely.

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

I don't think so all these deals are for 1 year. Adell young could still be part of future.

Agreed.  There are just so many benefits of one year acquisitions, and this is one of them.  Adell gets another year to work on his game in AAA, but this move doesn't truly block him.  If Adell can develop and looks good, he can still take over as a starter in 2024.  He does not need to be traded currently.

6 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Agreed.  There are just so many benefits of one year acquisitions, and this is one of them.  Adell gets another year to work on his game in AAA, but this move doesn't truly block him.  If Adell can develop and looks good, he can still take over as a starter in 2024.  He does not need to be traded currently.

Seriously, Adell is two years from being MLB ready…, 

he was so rushed….