• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Shuck still on the team?

Jay

I'm fine with Shuck as a backup, but they really should DFA Hawpe and call up Calhoun at this point.

I don't know that Calhoun is anything more than a pretty good 4th OF, but I would like to see him get regular ABs in a lost season to see if he does look like anything more than that. Rotate him through the OF and 1B/DH, give him a fair share of Hamilton's ABs to see what he's got.

Besides, Hamilton's ABs make my head hurt.

Season is lost, it's time to give Calhoun at bats up here and see what he's got.

Same with Richards, put him in the rotation and keep him there.   Then if he still can't find any consistency, he's then moved down the totem pole.   No more going Feliz and Ogando on him, flipping him back and forth between starting and relieving!

That's worked for a lot of pitchers (rolls eyes).

I'm fine with Shuck as a backup, but they really should DFA Hawpe and call up Calhoun at this point.

I don't know that Calhoun is anything more than a pretty good 4th OF, but I would like to see him get regular ABs in a lost season to see if he does look like anything more than that. Rotate him through the OF and 1B/DH, give him a fair share of Hamilton's ABs to see what he's got.

Besides, Hamilton's ABs make my head hurt.

Isn't this what a fourth outfielder is? Someone to step in when one of your three starters gets hurt? But I guess he has more value as a starting outfielder in SLC or something.

I would like to see a little more of Hawpe.. I like his hitting approach he takes pitches when necessary instead of just swinging wildly at the pitch.

Shuck starting tonight I am also good with. One of the things a manager needs to do after a bad showing from a player it to put him back out there. It is a confidence builder especially for younger players. Shuck do not let us down tonight.