• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

"Under the Dome" Stephen King

The mini-series started on CBS last night.

I never read the book, but watched the first episode last night and was pleasantly surprised.  It's a great concept that kind of reminded me of his "Storm of the Century" (where the town was cut-off during a blizzard).  The effects have been good so far, and the typical King-style soap-opera plot is in-place.  There's the mysterious stranger, the mysterious weird teen, the politician with an agenda, and possibly even the crazy local woman full of conspiracy-theories.  It's raising several questions... Will their air-supply run-out?  Will the town turn into "Somalia-West"? (with factions fighting over supplies), and, Is this only happening here? and why? (I don't expect it's happening elsewhere).

I think I'm already hooked.

It's got Dean Norris ("Hank" from Breaking Bad), and Jeff Fahey (from Tarantinos' "Planet Terror").

Maybe just me and hubby, but as much as I'm a scifi/fantasy lover, he and I watched it, and neither of us was impressed to want to watch another episode.

Thought the cow cut in half when the dome came down was pretty cool, though, I don't think I would put my hand INSIDE it..

Maybe just me and hubby, but as much as I'm a scifi/fantasy lover, he and I watched it, and neither of us was impressed to want to watch another episode.

Thought the cow cut in half when the dome came down was pretty cool, though, I don't think I would put my hand INSIDE it..

I dunno; I saw a pretty nice T-bone steak in there!   :P

I get what you're saying though.  There wasn't much sci-fi or terror in the first episode.  But, that's what we get from King.  I remember going to see "Stand By Me" with some friends.  I had no idea it was King's "The Body" made into a movie until about halfway into it.  He started with straight-up horror, and moved toward mystical.

Watched it and was intrigued. Don't like the weird kid who's acting like a rapist.

Yeah, his character is a bit over the top... I guess maybe he was recently expelled from school, otherwise he'd hopefully be in jail/juve already.

Watched it and was intrigued. Don't like the weird kid who's acting like a rapist.

Typical Stephen King D-bag character.  You hate him, because King wants you to hate him.  I never read the book, but you can rest assured that he will die some horrible death.

The mini-series started on CBS last night.

I never read the book, but watched the first episode last night and was pleasantly surprised.  It's a great concept that kind of reminded me of his "Storm of the Century" (where the town was cut-off during a blizzard).  The effects have been good so far, and the typical King-style soap-opera plot is in-place.  There's the mysterious stranger, the mysterious weird teen, the politician with an agenda, and possibly even the crazy local woman full of conspiracy-theories.  It's raising several questions... Will their air-supply run-out?  Will the town turn into "Somalia-West"? (with factions fighting over supplies), and, Is this only happening here? and why? (I don't expect it's happening elsewhere).

I think I'm already hooked.

It's got Dean Norris ("Hank" from Breaking Bad), and Jeff Fahey (from Tarantinos' "Planet Terror").

Ugh dude, jeff fahey will forever be know for one tour de force performance...

tron.jpg