• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

3 minutes ago, N-From-OC said:

I’ve said it all over Twitter and Bleacher Report, Benintendi should be our Left Field target. He can hit and he can field, would probably be our best left fielder in a while now.

I agree but many teams will be after him. Does he want to play on west coast? How much would you pay him and for how long. I think he will get 4 years for 60 mill.

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

They have the 1st base converted with Urshela. If the Yankees sign a big name SS which I don’t expect given how they are reluctant to trade their SS prospect, but if they did Torres would be my target for SS. 

mine is oswaldo perez.

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

Phillies outfielder/designated hitter Bryce Harper underwent Tommy John surgery today, according to Jim Salisbury of NBC Sports Philadelphia. Salisbury adds that it went “very well” and that Harper could be back into a competitive setting by mid-May.

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

...or not:

Maybe the "competitive setting" will be playing Madden online.

Probably the easiest spot to address next would be RP.  That can likely be addressed fairly quickly, given the sheer volume of options.  I think the SS market will take some time to sort out, in that teams will likely wait for the top SSs to choose their destinations, and then the rest of the dominoes can start to fall.

I still fully expect the FO to acquire a SS via trade.  If that fails to pan out, I would expect them to look for a veteran FA SS that will sign a one year deal, but those options are not terribly enticing.

On 11/23/2022 at 5:09 PM, Warfarin said:

Probably the easiest spot to address next would be RP.  That can likely be addressed fairly quickly, given the sheer volume of options.  I think the SS market will take some time to sort out, in that teams will likely wait for the top SSs to choose their destinations, and then the rest of the dominoes can start to fall.

I still fully expect the FO to acquire a SS via trade.  If that fails to pan out, I would expect them to look for a veteran FA SS that will sign a one year deal, but those options are not terribly enticing.

In the short term I could see Perry bringing back Lorenzen on a cheap 1 year deal, and then maybe adding 1 or 2 relievers on similar 1 year deals in the 1-5mil range. Maybe see if a SS trade falls in his lap.

The SS market taking time to play out is advantageous for the Angels in that it buys time for a new ownership group to take over. Maybe the new owner takes over in time to involve himself in the SS market in the late offseason because of how drawn out the market could be. 

34 minutes ago, OhtaniSan said:

In the short term I could see Perry bringing back Lorenzen on a cheap 1 year deal, and then maybe adding 1 or 2 relievers on similar 1 year deals in the 1-5mil range. Maybe see if a SS trade falls in his lap.

The SS market taking time to play out is advantageous for the Angels in that it buys time for a new ownership group to take over. Maybe the new owner takes over in time to involve himself in the SS market in the late offseason because of how drawn out the market could be. 

See what happens with SS market, someone like Elvis Andrus if nothing develops.