• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

26 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

https://www.sanspo.com/article/20221122-25HZIQSRP5PW3F2ROPKDXBXEG4/

Looks like Shintaro Fujinami will be posted December 1st.

Boras client that throws over 100mph

image.png

This article is worth reading.  He's had a very up-and-down career and has struggled with control at times (though his BB rate was good in 2022).:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/10/hanshin-tigers-to-post-shintaro-fujinami.html

"All of this seems to make Fujinami a high-risk, high-reward possibility for teams in free agency. On the one hand, he has hit 126 km/h (1o1 mph) with his fastball and has been elite in the past. Despite his decade-long track record, he’ll be just 29 years old next season. On the other hand, he has struggled so badly in recent years that the Tigers haven’t let him be anything more than a depth arm since 2016. There is likely to be a wide variance in how he is viewed by MLB clubs, with some completely uninterested and others willing to take a chance on his arsenal with the aim of helping him harness his tools."

Edited by jsnpritchett

Obviously I’d like to see the Angels sign Turner or Correa but we’ve seen this play out enough times to know that they’re most likely not spending that kind of money. I really hope the don’t sign Swanson but if they do decide to surprise us I’m guessing he’ll be the one given Perry’s ties to Atlanta.

I like Urshela, think that was a great move as Rendon’s body is likely toast. 

Perry has a ton of work to do and will have to get creative if he truly wants to make this team competitive this season 

Shortstop, 1st baseman and corner outfielder. Gleyber Torres, Jose Abreu and I don’t care. Shouldn’t break the bank. 

3 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Obviously I’d like to see the Angels sign Turner or Correa but we’ve seen this play out enough times to know that they’re most likely not spending that kind of money. I really hope the don’t sign Swanson but if they do decide to surprise us I’m guessing he’ll be the one given Perry’s ties to Atlanta.

I like Urshela, think that was a great move as Rendon’s body is likely toast. 

Perry has a ton of work to do and will have to get creative if he truly wants to make this team competitive this season 

Shortstop, 1st baseman and corner outfielder. Gleyber Torres, Jose Abreu and I don’t care. Shouldn’t break the bank. 

They have the 1st base converted with Urshela. If the Yankees sign a big name SS which I don’t expect given how they are reluctant to trade their SS prospect, but if they did Torres would be my target for SS. 

With the amount of games Rendon has missed the last 2 seasons we’d be a bit foolish to think Urshela doesn’t end up spending the bulk of this season at 3rd. Again if the goal is to compete you can’t bank on Rendon

I realize it may be a bit of a waste of our limited resources to sign a 1st basemen. I’m just saying if they truly want to compete this season, Perry needs to plan for Rendon being out and getting Urshela was a great first step. I’d parlay that with signing Abreu with the expectation of Urshela being at 3rd for one hundred some odd games. I’d rather not have to depend on Walsh’s bat this season as well but that’s just me.

14 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

With the amount of games Rendon has missed the last 2 seasons we’d be a bit foolish to think Urshela doesn’t end up spending the bulk of this season at 3rd. Again if the goal is to compete you can’t bank on Rendon

I realize it may be a bit of a waste of our limited resources to sign a 1st basemen. I’m just saying if they truly want to compete this season, Perry needs to plan for Rendon being out and getting Urshela was a great first step. I’d parlay that with signing Abreu with the expectation of Urshela being at 3rd for one hundred some odd games. I’d rather not have to depend on Walsh’s bat this season as well but that’s just me.

I can’t see a scenario where they sign a SS, and have that many infielders.  That would be Rendon, Walsh, Abreu, New SS, Fletcher, Rengifo.  Then you have four outfielders, and two catchers.  

I think the more than likely scenario would be to acquire a SS and when Rendon goes down then you see Rengifo at 3rd, Fletcher at 2nd and Urshela sharing time with both Walsh at 1st and Rengifo at 3rd.