• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

2 hours ago, mmc said:

First, I think it's a good low risk move for the Rangers.  Second, I have no idea what to make of Odorizzi last season.  Most of his predictive data went backwards but he also seemingly morphed into a bad contact king.  One of those situations where you don't know whether to ignore the good or the bad data because the sample size was on the smaller side.   Got lit up in Atlanta after doing pretty well in Houston.  I always wonder when you see pitching savvy teams trade away a guy.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

First, I think it's a good low risk move for the Rangers.  Second, I have no idea what to make of Odorizzi last season.  Most of his predictive data went backwards but he also seemingly morphed into a bad contact king.  One of those situations where you don't know whether to ignore the good or the bad data because the sample size was on the smaller side.   Got lit up in Atlanta after doing pretty well in Houston.  I always wonder when you see pitching savvy teams trade away a guy.

damn, Braves paying 10 million too

2 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

damn, Braves paying 10 million too

Yeah...  

He was due 6.5 mil but it would be 12.5 if he met certain criteria in 21-22.  I'm guessing Atlanta agreed to to pay the 12.5 as part of trading for him because he barely crossed 100 innings in either season.

End result is the Rangers look to only be on the hook for like 2.5 mil.  Allard was a first round pick for ATL -- maybe they think they can fix him?

21 minutes ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

If I was to take one of those guys from the Rays it would be Yarbrough.

He’s projected to make $4.2M in arb.

Do you really want to pay that for a guy who tops out at 88 mph and had a 4.50 ERA and 4.78 FIP last season?

I wouldn’t.

Edited by Trendon

15 minutes ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

I did say if we were to get anyone from them, I'd be interested in him the most.

The Rays have a lot of pitchers, mostly relievers, with good stuff that I’d take a chance on.

Chargois, Poche, and Thompson among the guys who are likely available.