• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shohei Ohtani to AP in a Japanese interview: “I have a rather negative impression of the season”

mmc

29 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Just came back from Belgium - I'm gonna keep a diplomatic silence on "fries"

But say what you will, I wish we had an In N Out near me - there's a lot to be said for simple and fresh everything 

I went there like 30 years ago and I still dream of the frites.  Little carts off the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.  I've tried for years to replicate my memory of them and have never come close.  

19 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

I went there like 30 years ago and I still dream of the frites.  Little carts off the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.  I've tried for years to replicate my memory of them and have never come close.  

Cut into 1/4" fries, then rinse thoroughly and soak overnight in cold water, then drain/dry and par cook at 325* in vegetable oil, drain and cool for 10 minutes in the fridge, add (some) beef tallow to the oil and increase heat to 375*  then fry in batches, to desired color, toss in a bowl with lots of good quality sea salt or kosher salt immediately so salt dissolves into the oil and coats the fries.

(*I have a little fryer - when the potatoes hit the oil, the temp drops so I have to overheat the oil a bit - desired end temps are 300 for the first fry, 350 for the second)

Duck fat instead of beef tallow is also delish.

And gotta make your own mayo (if that's your jam) 

(and if you're ever in Portland, ME, try Duckfat's fries:)

image.png.7af332c92e9efb580d32322ef02d9ff9.png

3 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Cut into 1/4" fries, then rinse thoroughly and soak overnight in cold water, then drain/dry and par cook at 325* in vegetable oil, drain and cool for 10 minutes in the fridge, add (some) beef tallow to the oil and increase heat to 375*  then fry in batches, to desired color, toss in a bowl with lots of good quality sea salt or kosher salt immediately so salt dissolves into the oil and coats the fries.

(*I have a little fryer - when the potatoes hit the oil, the temp drops so I have to overheat the oil a bit - desired end temps are 300 for the first fry, 350 for the second)

We need more recipe sharing on this forum. Thats awesome

2 hours ago, DCAngelsFan said:

I've tried this recipe and it works well although I cut mine differently now.   Duck fat fries are legit.  But since it's expensive I mostly use a combo of tallow and peanut or vegetable.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

The only issue I have with that recipe is soaking overnight in cold water. That will water log the potatoes. I’d say soak them in cold water in the fridge for 60 or so minutes. 

I soak mine in warm tap water for about 30 mins.   Sometimes I'll partially freeze them in between the first and second fry.  That's turning out to be one of the best ways.  

I read that in Belgium they used to use a combo of ox and horse fat.  

7 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

I've tried this recipe and it works well although I cut mine differently now.   Duck fat fries are legit.  But since it's expensive I mostly use a combo of tallow and peanut or vegetable.  

I soak mine in warm tap water for about 30 mins.   Sometimes I'll partially freeze them in between the first and second fry.  That's turning out to be one of the best ways.  

I read that in Belgium they used to use a combo of ox and horse fat.  

Only use warm water if they have a high sugar content. If you buy frying potatoes you don’t need warm water, you need cool water. 

Someone at Bleacher Report was bored and needed to fill some column space, I guess. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10052560-predicting-1-trade-for-every-mlb-team-during-the-2022-23-offseason

"Shohei Ohtani Traded from LAA to LAD

o6vdq8vmxrfa3jzbl9qh.jpg
Shohei Ohtani (Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images)

To LAD: RHP/DH Shohei Ohtani

To LAA: RHP Dustin May, C Diego Cartaya, 2B Michael Busch, RHP Gavin Stone, OF Andy Pages, OF James Outman

What type of package is it going to take to pry Shohei Ohtani away from the Los Angeles Angels this offseason?

The two-way superstar signed a one-year, $30 million deal earlier this month to lock in his final year of arbitration control, but with free agency on the horizon after the 2023 campaign, now is the time for the Angels to move him if they don't think a long-term extension is doable.

This package would be a franchise-altering deal for both sides, with the Angels getting six players with top-100 prospect value or thereabouts and the Dodgers plugging a hole in their rotation and further bolstering an already potent lineup.

Non-tendering Cody Bellinger and declining an option on Justin Turner would save $37 million relative to the 2022 payroll, so adding Ohtani to the books is not an issue if the Dodgers are interested. It's just a matter of whether they're willing to part with so much high-end talent.

Diego Cartaya (No. 14), Miguel Vargas (No. 34), Michael Busch (No. 55), Gavin Stone (No. 67) and Andy Pages (No. 77) all earned a spot on Bleacher Report's final top-100 prospect list of the year in September, while James Outman had a .978 OPS with 31 home runs in the upper levels of the minors.

This completely overhauls the Angels roster and sets them up for future success, while the Dodgers add another bona fide superstar and hang on to prized pitching prospect Bobby Miller."

42 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Someone at Bleacher Report was bored and needed to fill some column space, I guess. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10052560-predicting-1-trade-for-every-mlb-team-during-the-2022-23-offseason

"Shohei Ohtani Traded from LAA to LAD

o6vdq8vmxrfa3jzbl9qh.jpg
Shohei Ohtani (Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images)

To LAD: RHP/DH Shohei Ohtani

To LAA: RHP Dustin May, C Diego Cartaya, 2B Michael Busch, RHP Gavin Stone, OF Andy Pages, OF James Outman

What type of package is it going to take to pry Shohei Ohtani away from the Los Angeles Angels this offseason?

The two-way superstar signed a one-year, $30 million deal earlier this month to lock in his final year of arbitration control, but with free agency on the horizon after the 2023 campaign, now is the time for the Angels to move him if they don't think a long-term extension is doable.

This package would be a franchise-altering deal for both sides, with the Angels getting six players with top-100 prospect value or thereabouts and the Dodgers plugging a hole in their rotation and further bolstering an already potent lineup.

Non-tendering Cody Bellinger and declining an option on Justin Turner would save $37 million relative to the 2022 payroll, so adding Ohtani to the books is not an issue if the Dodgers are interested. It's just a matter of whether they're willing to part with so much high-end talent.

Diego Cartaya (No. 14), Miguel Vargas (No. 34), Michael Busch (No. 55), Gavin Stone (No. 67) and Andy Pages (No. 77) all earned a spot on Bleacher Report's final top-100 prospect list of the year in September, while James Outman had a .978 OPS with 31 home runs in the upper levels of the minors.

This completely overhauls the Angels roster and sets them up for future success, while the Dodgers add another bona fide superstar and hang on to prized pitching prospect Bobby Miller."

no way the dogs do this.  I would.  And any team willing to give up a haul anywhere close is going to want him to agree to an extension prior to doing so.