• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB Trade Rumors: Projected arbitration figures for the Angels

On 10/10/2022 at 6:38 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Serious question:

If Ward can rebound from injury to hit like he did for two years, why can’t Walsh do the same thing?

Both kicked arse at the plate from 2020 through May 2022.

Why should Walsh be a sure thing to not rebound, when Ward did?

Same with Fletcher

I have way more confidence in Walsh coming back from injury and returning to form or at least being solid (like league avg) than Adell 'flipping the switch' in 2023 that people keep hoping for based on his age.  He's young so don't give up on him.  That's fine.  But based on what I've seen, the transformation is not imminent.  He got worse in both the majors and minors.  He's got to make some changes and he's got the tools to do so faster than others.  If he keeps trying it the same way then he's gonna keep getting the same results.  

So my first choice on offense is a solid starter for LF or a guy that your probably have to overpay a bit to consider being a backup.  If that guy can also backup 1b, then great as long as he's avg. defensively.  Even better if there's additional positional versatility.