• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nightengale provides update on Angels Sale ($3B?, Brisk Negotiations, Done in the Next Few Months?)

BTH

I wonder if Donald Bren could head an ownership group.  Bren owns the Irvine company and has a personal net worth of about $17 billion.

If he got some good baseball people (Theo Epstein?) it would be very encouraging in terms of:

—financial resources

—baseball operations competence

—Orange County stadium/real estate development 

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I wonder if Donald Bren could head an ownership group.  Bren owns the Irvine company and has a personal net worth of about $17 billion.

If he got some good baseball people (Theo Epstein?) it would be very encouraging in terms of:

—financial resources

—baseball operations competence

—Orange County stadium/real estate development 

I can't tell if this is a serious post.  He's 90. 

Ted Leonsis group is front-runner to buy Nationals, sources say

Interesting tidbits in here.  

Multiple sources, though, said a sale is not imminent. It would not likely be completed before MLB’s Winter Meetings in San Diego in December, leaving the possibility for the sale to not be concluded until 2023.

One key holdup in the discussions may be the uncertain status of the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (MASN), the Orioles’ and Nationals’ shared regional sports network.

Might be an issue that the Angels face also.  Since it's looking more and more likely that Diamonds Sports (Owners of Bally's Sports) is about to declare bankruptcy, with protection from paying all the teams.  

12 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Ted Leonsis group is front-runner to buy Nationals, sources say

Interesting tidbits in here.  

Might be an issue that the Angels face also.  Since it's looking more and more likely that Diamonds Sports (Owners of Bally's Sports) is about to declare bankruptcy, with protection from paying all the teams.  

F U Diamonds Sports

Great job at handling finances!

🤮🤮🤮🤮

20 hours ago, greginpsca said:

I only know about one of the groups through a family member. It is an OC group. Supposedly, they turned in  an offer yesterday. Was told 5 groups in the bidding.

Originally, the Nats sale was expected to be finalized after the 2022 season, but now it seems like that won’t be the case.

I wonder if the Angels sale “jumps ahead of the line” and ends up getting completed when the Nats sale was expected to be completed.

A little birdie told me that we may be hearing something about the sale just after the World Series. 

I only know about one of the groups through a family member. It is an OC group. Supposedly, they turned in  an offer yesterday. Was told 5 groups in the bidding.

Saturday Night Live Love GIF by The Lonely Island