• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols intends to fulfill personal services contract, excited to see who the new owner is

mmc

On 10/11/2022 at 1:47 PM, jsnpritchett said:

Pretty sure they'd have to pay him the full $10M to go away.  MLBPA doesn't support buyouts of contracted amounts for less than the guaranteed value, as far as I know.  (That said, I've long felt that they'd just pay him the money and be done with it.)

Why would MLBPA have any involvement with a Personal Services Contract for a retired player?

1 minute ago, Slegnaac said:

Why would MLBPA have any involvement with a Personal Services Contract for a retired player?

Because the personal services contract was included as part of his overall deal.  After it was, the MLBPA banned that type of deal, so Pujols will be the last player to have a contract structured like that unless they change it again.

5 hours ago, W.E. Baxter Author said:

I think he will go into the HOF as an Angel. I don't see him going in as a Cardinal because of the way St. Louis treated him when it was time to leave for Anaheim. He set some major records playing for The Angels like hitting his 600th Homer.

Happy Half Baked GIF

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 11:50 PM, Jeff Fletcher said:

I am not going to go back through 10 years of stories but off the top of my head I’ve had conversations with Trout, Rengifo, Suarez, Walsh and Scioscia, Ausmus, Maddon, Reed about Pujols having a positive influence. 

And the only reason I brought up the money is to illustrate that there’s almost no cost to having him do it if he and the team want him to. I don’t see any downside to having him around. 

But Jeff, his OPS was below his career numbers with us.

So obviously he brings no value despite being a first ballot hall of famer and despite it costing nothing. The lack of success during his tenure with us sours literally everything, according to some fans.

This is sarcasm, in case that wasn't clear.