• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols intends to fulfill personal services contract, excited to see who the new owner is

mmc

3 hours ago, Revad said:

Awkward.   Maybe he’ll work in PR, perhaps as liaison to AW. Then Chuckster interviews Pujols with a list of questions developed and selected by the board.

And the first interview with Albert will be teased with the phrase "Announcement Forthcoming."

On 10/9/2022 at 10:58 AM, fan_since79 said:

He could stand outside the stadium saying "Look at me, I'm a first ballot Hall of Famer! Would you like a copy of my career stats?"

Please just go away and leave us alone. Enough pain already. Ten years of occupying space on our roster. 

Will he be allowed to shake hands with fans / aw members?

4 hours ago, cals said:

Albert is no dummy and he knows the Angels don't want him around.

But he's also not going to leave 10 million dollars on the table, that would be foolish.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a quiet buyout of this and Albert not having anything to do with the Angels in retirement. 

Exactly this. 

13 minutes ago, Deek said:

10 more years of nothing-worthwhile-from-Albert sounds awesome!

Albert - don't go away mad... just go away...

And quit sponging money off my Halos...

Ironically his WAR might be higher in these first 10 years of retirement than in his 9+ years as a player.

On 10/10/2022 at 10:49 AM, cals said:

Albert is no dummy and he knows the Angels don't want him around.

But he's also not going to leave 10 million dollars on the table, that would be foolish.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a quiet buyout of this and Albert not having anything to do with the Angels in retirement. 

yep.  little game of media chicken between he and Minasian.  

12 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

yep.  little game of media chicken between he and Minasian.  

Pretty sure they'd have to pay him the full $10M to go away.  MLBPA doesn't support buyouts of contracted amounts for less than the guaranteed value, as far as I know.  (That said, I've long felt that they'd just pay him the money and be done with it.)

Not really sure why people seem certain Pujols wouldn't want anything to do with us?  I'm sure he still has a good relationship with his teammates, and with major organizational overhaul, guys like Trout and Ohtani will really be the only remnants of his playing career here over that contract