• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blum: Angels owner Arte Moreno owes everyone an explanation after another losing season

BTH

Arte could certainly upend the media's apple cart by spending big this offseason. Honestly they all say that having a higher payroll and spending too much would bring down the value of the team, but I don't know if that's true. If they have the revenue to support a higher payroll, and have had a decently high payroll in past seasons, a prospective owner is not going to care if they saved $30M in the season before he bought the team. Now a significant long term investment,  maybe not, but 2-3 year high priced deals? Sure.

Also, he has a boner for big position players like Judge, so...

1 Fletcher

2 Trout

3 Ohtani

4 Judge

5 Ward

6 Rendon

7 Walsh

8 O'Hoppe / Stassi 

9 Rengifo

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 7:55 PM, jsnpritchett said:

Tone it down, man. Disagree with his style if you want, but you act like he killed your dog. 

He has all but killed Angels Baseball. It is not the franchise I grew up with in The OC. Arte Moreno is a good man, but he is a terrible owner. Replacing Anaheim with Los Angeles did far more harm then good.

4 minutes ago, W.E. Baxter Author said:

He has all but killed Angels Baseball. It is not the franchise I grew up with in The OC. Arte Moreno is a good man, but he is a terrible owner. Replacing Anaheim with Los Angeles did far more harm then good.

You're replying to a two-week old post and incorrectly assuming I was referring to Moreno. I was referring to Sam Blum.

On 10/7/2022 at 10:23 AM, Hubs said:

Arte could certainly upend the media's apple cart by spending big this offseason. Honestly they all say that having a higher payroll and spending too much would bring down the value of the team, but I don't know if that's true. If they have the revenue to support a higher payroll, and have had a decently high payroll in past seasons, a prospective owner is not going to care if they saved $30M in the season before he bought the team. Now a significant long term investment,  maybe not, but 2-3 year high priced deals? Sure.

Also, he has a boner for big position players like Judge, so...

1 Fletcher

2 Trout

3 Ohtani

4 Judge

5 Ward

6 Rendon

7 Walsh

8 O'Hoppe / Stassi 

9 Rengifo

So with this lineup we're basically back to square one of this year with a strong 2-4, followed by a question mark/black hole 5-8, and then if Rengifo keeps it up *maybe* a decent number 9. 

This didn't work in 2022, why would we want to do it again?

17 hours ago, W.E. Baxter Author said:

The name change had zero effect on the production on the field. What's weird is how many are still on the name change thing when they were "Anaheim" for a very short period of the franchises history. If anything, Disney should have never given in on giving up "California", it was short sided of them to do so. At the end of the day, most fans just care about wins and losses and this wouldn't even be brought up if the organization was consistently playing in October. 

On 10/7/2022 at 1:41 PM, HeavenlyHalos said:

I just want him gone already. Hopefully, the next ownership will actually invest in the entire franchise and not just on overrated hitters.

I visit here pretty much once a day, looking for one thing - and it's not an explanation from Arte - that's stupid.  

I come here looking to see if anyone's bought the team yet.  

Not much else to look forward to right now.  

If Arte hasn’t talked to the media in 2 or 3 years why would he talk this year when he is in process of selling the team? What’s he going to say, something like, “yes, I’m disappointed with the performance of the team but it’s going to be someone else’s problem so all of you, especially Sam Blum, can F off”,

Moreno has said everything he needs to say when he announced he is selling the team.  I couldn’t care less what other comments he might have about what has happened during his ownership.

Honestly I really don’t get anybody being interested at all in dragging out comments from him when he is selling and he is going to be out of the picture moving forward.