• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blum: Angels owner Arte Moreno owes everyone an explanation after another losing season

BTH

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I think it’s silly. He isn’t going to give you the answers you want so then guys like you will be pissed for that.  He doesn’t have to answer questions.  He’s accountable to his fanbase by revenue loss. That’s it. 

i wholely disagree. it may not be exactly the same as a controling owner answering to shareholders, but it's a business in public trust so there are distinct similarities. every single one of these owners owes some accountability to the fanbase, especially when they are getting public money from the fanbases taxes. sam blum hasn't shown to be like plaschke where he just makes up lies and innuendo to promote himself. he seems to have a big city sports mindset and i don't really mind that. does that mean he's going to be right all the time? no, but i have no problem with wanting to talk to ownership about his stewardship over the longest current playoff drought in mlb.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I know she had serious health issues awhile back but then made a few appearances but I haven’t seen her much at all lately even when Arte is there.  I’m speculating based on the past. 

if only there was a way to avoid the need to speculate on someone's health or a reason for selling? possibly even respectfully inform the public need for answers to a problem that also may involve a private matter. some way to deter rumor and gossip. if only there was a way.

Think Which One GIF by Nick Jonas

i don't like blum cause his twitter pic makes him look like a predator and i think that's a weirdo ass thing to choose as your profile pic but, that aside, this is pretty stupid.

why would arte owe fans any kind of explanation in what's most likely his last year of ownership? why would anybody care when they all know new ownership is coming. dude just kinda seems bent over not being able to interrogate arte or whatever.

19 hours ago, ScottT said:

I don't care if he speaks or not. 

This.

I'm totally neutral. If he gives a statement, I'll read it. But do other teams owners normally give statements? (I have no idea).

I've defended Moreno a million times. I'm also ready for a new owner.

But I have no idea what he would have to say to the media.

"I spent a shit ton. Most of it aside from Trout was horribly spent.

I'm an idiot. But you can't call me cheap"

Really doesn't change the results.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

"I spent a shit ton. Most of it aside from Trout was horribly spent.

I'm an idiot. But you can't call me cheap"

Just a slight correction, and it sums up how I feel about his Angels' ownership.

"I spent a shit ton. Most of it aside from Trout, and Vlad was horribly spent.

I'm an idiot about how to run a baseball team, but you can't call me cheap"