• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blum: Angels owner Arte Moreno owes everyone an explanation after another losing season

BTH

Just now, Stradling said:

I think it’s silly. He isn’t going to give you the answers you want so then guys like you will be pissed for that.  He doesn’t have to answer questions.  He’s accountable to his fanbase by revenue loss. That’s it. 

Clearly he doesn’t have to answer questions, because he hasn’t.

If I were an Angels reporter, I’d be upset that he blatantly lied to my face by saying he’d talk to the media “later this Spring” in mid-March, only to never talk later that Spring.

Just now, Trendon said:

Clearly he doesn’t have to answer questions, because he hasn’t.

If I were an Angels reporter, I’d be upset that he blatantly lied to my face by saying he’d talk to the media “later this Spring” in mid-March, only to never talk later that Spring.

Ok then you’d be a shit reporter if you’d be upset that he “blatantly lied”. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Because his goal is to be the news or create news or to improve his brand rather than report the news. He’s the writer for fans that like gotcha media or who like complaining. 

Is his job really to "report the news"?  He's a writer who can write about the team in the style that he wants

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Ok then you’d be a shit reporter if you’d be upset that he “blatantly lied”. 

It’s one thing to blatantly lie about some baseball related thing, but it’s another to blatantly lie about speaking to the media.

He didn’t have to say he’d talk to reporters later in Spring, but he did.

2 minutes ago, mmc said:

Is his job really to "report the news"?  He's a writer who can write about the team in the style that he wants

We have enough beat reporters who just report the news. (And no disrespect to them, as that’s an acceptable way to cover a team)

I’m glad there’s an Angels reporter who doesn’t just simply “report the news.”

Just now, Trendon said:

It’s one thing to blatantly lie about some baseball related thing, but it’s another to blatantly lie about speaking to the media.

He didn’t have to say he’d talk to reporters later in Spring, but he did.

And do we know why he hasn’t spoken to the media (no because he hasn’t spoken to the media)? Could his wife’s health continued deteriorating?  

Just now, Stradling said:

And do we know why he hasn’t spoken to the media (no because he hasn’t spoken to the media)? Could his wife’s health continued deteriorating?  

No we don’t why, because he hasn’t spoken to the media.

And that’s the first I’m hearing of his wife’s health deteriorating. Is that true?

Just now, Trendon said:

No we don’t why, because he hasn’t spoken to the media.

And that’s the first I’m hearing of his wife’s health deteriorating. Is that true?

I know she had serious health issues awhile back but then made a few appearances but I haven’t seen her much at all lately even when Arte is there.  I’m speculating based on the past. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I know she had serious health issues awhile back but then made a few appearances but I haven’t seen her much at all lately even when Arte is there.  I’m speculating based on the past. 

She was on the field on Saturday when they presented Ohtani with the end of season awards.

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

What's the problem? I'm amazed that we finished in third place rather than 4th or 5th.

Leave Arte alone! He's the owner, he's not accountable to us peons. He's making gobs of money, and has been very successful in that regard. Playoffs are overrated.

sarc/

I agree, if Arte just did that interview back in ST we’d be playoff bound.