• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels should worry about Weaver

Weaver is one of the best pitchers in Angels' history, and is a guy I have the utmost respect for for signing the contract he did when he knew full well he could have gotten a much bigger contract at free agency. I would love nothing more than for him to adjust and become the Weaver we all know and love. That certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility, but I do think the Angels should put him on the table for a trade. If no one comes up and offers a good package then you keep him. No harm no foul.

I know people will think Weaver would feel "disrespected" but he is an intelligent guy. I would bet he knows that this is a business and the team has its own interests in mind before any individual.

Weaver is one of the best pitchers in Angels' history, and is a guy I have the utmost respect for for signing the contract he did when he knew full well he could have gotten a much bigger contract at free agency. I would love nothing more than for him to adjust and become the Weaver we all know and love. That certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility, but I do think the Angels should put him on the table for a trade. If no one comes up and offers a good package then you keep him. No harm no foul.

I know people will think Weaver would feel "disrespected" but he is an intelligent guy. I would bet he knows that this is a business and the team has its own interests in mind before any individual.

Maybe it's a over site on your part ... which is easy to understand but Weaver gave the Angels a hometown discount to stay in Anaheim. I think he also has a full no trade clause written somewhere in his contract.

Again, no harm no foul.

Discuss.

I'm concerned. Jered this year looks similar to Haren last year. I don't know what happened to his velocity but unless he gains it back he's a #3-4 starter at best.

I share that concern because a few reasons.

1) Weaver is really one of our clubhouse leaders. One of his fastballs was clocked at 86 MPH in his last start and that spells disaster if that pitch stays flat.   

2) His brother Jeff had a similar pitching motion early in his career and he ended up with arm fatigue in 2007 at the age of 30.

Jered Weaver is 30 years old.

http://amarillo.com/stories/052007/mlb_7581301.shtml

3) We are running out of time to enjoy the good years of Jered Weaver for a championship run. I had a chance to meet him and he's a super nice person so yeah I'm worried about Weaver.

There is reason for hope, his velocity bounced back some when he came off the DL and he returned to throwing at a lower arm slot, which he said he had to stop doing due to shoulder discomfort. The results aren't there, but he had a long layoff and might be searching for his command a little bit after altering his mechanics like that.

Weaver will be fine, he's a contender. He's just had a tough time adjusting after being out for so long during the season. And lets be honest, it's not like this offense has picked up a starting pitcher all year long. Seems like Weav has needed that in his comeback, and our bats are (yawningly) nowhere to be found.

Velocity means little when you have great command. And Weaver has that.

One of the few electric talents on this team, that's for sure.

• 2 weeks later...