Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

IGNORED

Miguel Andujar..


DMVol

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Revad said:

He’s making $1.3 this year, under 100 bats at 50+ OPS.  Maybe $3M next year?  Worth thinking about if next year is a low budget experience- need to get lucky on a few players and this would be high risk high reward.

My thought too….not convinced Perry will have a lot of money to work with this winter…but it depends on how they evaluate him…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If there were more than two weeks left in the season, I'd consider it.

But at this point, he's not gonna show you anything in 2 weeks that will make it worth retaining him at around $1.5 million for next season. His defense is awful no matter where he plays, and he lost the ability to hit in the majors (which was his carrying tool).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sick of taking flyers on the cast-offs of good teams that are better run, and generally smarter than the Angels. If the Yankees (or Braves, etc) don't want him, why should the Angels?

So no. This is the type of guy you offer a minor league contract to, and then see if he can rebuild himself. But don't Andujar was only good in 2018 and has been varying degrees of bad since, and there's no reason to think that this would magically change, especially if you look at his overall profile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at Andujar's stats and ended up on the Angel's fangraphs page looking at the offense.  

For the first time in a long time, I saw the name of a guy who played for us this year that I completely didn't recognize and had not idea who he was.  Steve Duggar.  I seriously have zero recollection of this guy at all.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

Looking at Andujar's stats and ended up on the Angel's fangraphs page looking at the offense.  

For the first time in a long time, I saw the name of a guy who played for us this year that I completely didn't recognize and had not idea who he was.  Steve Duggar.  I seriously have zero recollection of this guy at all.  

Stevguel Anduggar. He was let go of by the Giants, then the Angels brought him on after Moniak got hurt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2022 at 5:36 PM, Revad said:

He’s making $1.3 this year, under 100 bats at 50+ OPS.  Maybe $3M next year?  Worth thinking about if next year is a low budget experience- need to get lucky on a few players and this would be high risk high reward.

No. He is not worth thinking about. If his name was Joe Slobotnik from the Marlins with those kind of numbers you wouldn't put one bit of thought into him. But since he wasted the Yankees payroll for years you seem to think Baldoquin's spirit animal cousin is going to suddenly not suck on a different team for $3 million. This guy is a dumpster fire and the Angels have picked up enough of this garbage for 3 franchises for the last 7 years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

No. He is not worth thinking about. If his name was Joe Slobotnik from the Marlins with those kind of numbers you wouldn't put one bit of thought into him. But since he wasted the Yankees payroll for years you seem to think Baldoquin's spirit animal cousin is going to suddenly not suck on a different team for $3 million. This guy is a dumpster fire and the Angels have picked up enough of this garbage for 3 franchises for the last 7 years. 

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was thinking.  Are you telepathic?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

No. He is not worth thinking about. If his name was Joe Slobotnik from the Marlins with those kind of numbers you wouldn't put one bit of thought into him. But since he wasted the Yankees payroll for years you seem to think Baldoquin's spirit animal cousin is going to suddenly not suck on a different team for $3 million. This guy is a dumpster fire and the Angels have picked up enough of this garbage for 3 franchises for the last 7 years. 

Screenshot_20220924_165541.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...